Solo Gimbal Control

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the gimbal control located on the right front of the controller actually does?

I do not see any faq link in the users manual. Can you help me?

Can someone tell me what the gimbal control located on the right front of the controller actually does?
Your question is explained in the manual... But yeah, it is lacking in details. There was a video series by 3DR, an FAQ of sorts, but it is long gone now.

Controlling the Solo Gimbal
To manually adjust the tilt angle of the Solo Gimbal, use the tilt control paddle to move the gimbal up and down. You can also set up an automatic tilt control using the ‘1’ and ‘2’ button presets. These buttons are located above and below the tilt speed dial, as shown in Figure 3.3.1.1. To tilt to a preset angle, simply press either button and use the dial to adjust the tilt speed. To save a new preset angle, hold ‘1’ or ‘2’.

1593696396923.png
Basically, the Auto Tilt control allows you to manually set two angle presets, the wheel adjusts the time traveled between the two presets. Once the angle presets are set (see above), simply press either 1 or 2 to initiate the gimbal's preset between the two set tilt angles. The controller screen will show your preset angles when the tilt paddle is a actuated, indicated by arrows along the arc. The preset time will also be shown within the arc diagram on the controller.

Auto Tilt control is an awkward feature. I think most utilize an actual Smart Shot to produce better results for like feature. Because SS controls all aspects of flight and gimbal angle through your programmed Smart Shot scene.

Your question is explained in the manual... But yeah, it is lacking in details. There was a video series by 3DR, an FAQ of sorts, but it is long gone now.

Controlling the Solo Gimbal
To manually adjust the tilt angle of the Solo Gimbal, use the tilt control paddle to move the gimbal up and down. You can also set up an automatic tilt control using the ‘1’ and ‘2’ button presets. These buttons are located above and below the tilt speed dial, as shown in Figure 3.3.1.1. To tilt to a preset angle, simply press either button and use the dial to adjust the tilt speed. To save a new preset angle, hold ‘1’ or ‘2’.

View attachment 11330
Basically, the Auto Tilt control allows you to manually set two angle presets, the wheel adjusts the time traveled between the two presets. Once the angle presets are set (see above), simply press either 1 or 2 to initiate the gimbal's preset between the two set tilt angles. The controller screen will show your preset angles when the tilt paddle is a actuated, indicated by arrows along the arc. The preset time will also be shown within the arc diagram on the controller.

Auto Tilt control is an awkward feature. I think most utilize an actual Smart Shot to produce better results for like feature. Because SS controls all aspects of flight and gimbal angle through your programmed Smart Shot scene.
Thanks. That explains what I was looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc