Solo for less than $40, think they are worth it?

Agreed. But, others have had good luck with this seller.
However, I found these now and they are more expensive, but look like they are in great shape! Still have some plastic on them!

Lot of 3. OEM 3DR Solo Drone SA11A for GoPro Camera Great Body Untested

Speaking regarding all those type vendors, most of those that were brought back to life were store returns. The defects were easily corrected if you knew what to look for. Those that were defective due to crashes may not be easily repaired. I bought three. One was crashed, and that one was for all practical purposes unrepairable. The other two were store returns. Pretty much brand new, one even still had the stickers on the motors. It took some tinkering, but I got both flying again. Those in the first link you posted are crashed Solos according to the description. It is possible you could get one flying by cannibalizing others, but it's a crap shoot. I'd probably pass on that one. The second link showed Solos that look like the store-return variety. You may have luck with those, but it's still a crap shoot.

Last edited:
From the pictures a few seem to have the blades missing from the hubs. Might have motor damage.
One $59. Solo I received had a main board failure.

From the pictures a few seem to have the blades missing from the hubs. Might have motor damage.
One $59. Solo I received had a main board failure.
Yah, I think the ones in the second link I posted look better. A bit more expensive, but they seem to still have the protective film on them, so that is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421