Solo Faith..............

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

New Solo owner here: Solo production halted; support much reduced; spares availability likely to be problematic in the future.............so, why?

Well, I'd looked at the main alternatives and already decided the Solo was the platform for me. Looking at online video footage, Solo output was just so stable, really impressive. The design ethos behind the Solo looked like future developments were at the forefront of the platform.

Even though some aspects of this are now cast in doubt, I think with the open source software, Linux core, the Solo still has a lot of potential. So I've invested.

I just hope that a community will form to support, and further develop, this amazing tool.

Gasump, Oxford, UK

Hello everybody!

New Solo owner here: Solo production halted; support much reduced; spares availability likely to be problematic in the future.............so, why?

Well, I'd looked at the main alternatives and already decided the Solo was the platform for me. Looking at online video footage, Solo output was just so stable, really impressive. The design ethos behind the Solo looked like future developments were at the forefront of the platform.

Even though some aspects of this are now cast in doubt, I think with the open source software, Linux core, the Solo still has a lot of potential. So I've invested.

I just hope that a community will form to and further develop, this amazing tool.

Gasump, Oxford, UK

Hello there. Glad you weighed it all up and made an informed choice. Personally I was an early adopter and even at the price then, I'm still totally happy with Solo and looking forward to the future.

Good news is you've also already found the community you're hoping for - it''s right here!

Loads of useful information and extremely knowledgeable people on here....quite a few of them in the UK too now.

One tip from (other people's bitter experience), make sure to search the forums for any obvious questions...or suffer the wrath of some of the 'old timers' - even then it''s usually just in frustration not real anger. You'll see what I mean on a few of the threads....

Welcome and enjoy!

Reactions: twk01
Solo is a great drone with a lot of potential for expansion and modifications. That being said I do not like the feeling I have like 3DR just is doing the bare minimum with the inventory they have left and I've been through 4 Solo Drones personally and I've lost 1 of those due to pilot error and 2 of them to flyaway issues when gps was locked upon takeoff and in fly mode both times. One of those two landed at soon as it lost connectivity in a chain link fence to a bridge directly over the interstate, well away from the area I had intended it to fly in and the second was never recovered because it just kept going and going and going.... I know I sound negative towards this product but my point is I bought number 4. I did it because I love this platform and I love modifying options that have been developed by people for this drone! I didn't mention above but for my company I have currently many more than 4 purchases of the 3DR Solo and we've been working on correcting some of the inherent issues with this drone as well as many DJI models that are also a very nice platform, however they will never hold the same special place in my heart that my very first drone I ever bought does-the 3DR Solo. This drone could be the best but only if you plan for the worst.

Reactions: hectorii and Chun
I own 5 Solos, have flown 3 extensively, 2 still NIB.
Maybe I'm just lucky, but all three Solos I've flown have been rock solid from the start. Never had to contact 3DR for warranty service. Any broken props I have are from pilot error.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum Gasump- I've made some great friends in the UK thanks to Solo!

If you want to check out some more support for Solo, go to www.thingiverse.com and enter "3dr solo" in the search box.;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela