Solo Crash - Replacement Parts Question

Reaction score
Okay so I will try to keep this brief the best I can...

I am a new solo owner, and on my second flight my solo crashed. Sound like a pilot issue I know, but hear me out.

So I took my 3dr out to fly. It was in a fairly open area and my gps connected no problem. There were a few buildings nearby, but they were 1-story no big deal.

So I took off, 70 ft altitude I have a disconnect. I assume it was the GPS as I could still fly the drone. So I landed it and reset everything just to be safe. So I start it again, connect no problem to GPS. I take off and rise to roughly 80ft? I push the drone away a distance of 119 feet roughly. Now I know it said its max distance was 2500 ft, so I figured I could take it a bit further. I fly the drone out, roughly 300ft? I lose visual connection (it freezes on an image). My controller randomly says landing. I assumed it would RTH, but my controller didn't say so, so to be safe I hit the RTH button. I of course freak out, but end up waiting 10 minutes for it to return. It doesn't.

So I go on a search for it. I find the exact location it lost connection (using the frozen image) it is near a small building. So I figured it landed on the building? Long story short, it didn't and while searching I got a connection. My controller now says my drone is 1200ft away! It disconnected at about 300ft, and I walked to the disconnect location. So this means after disconnecting it continued to fly.

Long story short again-after vigorous searching I discover my drone three blocks down from where I initially took off. It is upside down on the sidewalk and all the propellers are melted.

I filed a support ticket of course.

Somehow the drone was flipped upside down and the propellers were destroyed. I am currently in contact with support who is reviewing the logs. Two of the propellers (while shredded) were basically intact. So I take my back up propellers put them on and do a quick modest launch just to test the motors because I heard they burn out easily. It takes off fine surprisingly stable. I let it sit in the air for a moment then land it.

My question...

I am currently in contact with support who is reviewing the logs. I plan to get replacement blades before flying again. If the logs prove that the error was not mine could I request motor replacements as well? I am just worried because I heard about their burnout issues and seeing the propellers in their sorry state I knew mine had gone through hell.

Thanks,

This guy

You can also return win 30 days for any reason.

I don't think it's the props, or the motors. Sounds like more than that.

Do yourself. Favour. Return the 3dr. Get a new one and begin again. This shouldn't happen on flight 1

Do it!

Support is very fair
why not just wait until you hear from them before taking next steps.

You can also return win 30 days for any reason.

I don't think it's the props, or the motors. Sounds like more than that.

Do yourself. Favour. Return the 3dr. Get a new one and begin again. This shouldn't happen on flight 1

Do it!
So its returnable even with broken propellers?

Reactions: cameraguy
Support is very fair
why not just wait until you hear from them before taking next steps.
I trust them for the most part my question is more directed toward the stress put on the motors. Is it something I should concern myself with and try to get replaced even though they seem to be in working order. Sorry if I was confusing.

Reactions: cameraguy
Usually if you send the crash report, they will send you an email saying whether they found something in the log that was their fault. If this is so, they may send you free of charge props.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc