Solo Controller not turning off

Reaction score
Hi all. Been reading the site for the past two weeks and this is my first post.

So I just got my (Best Buy Return) Solo today and have been ready to initiate things.

Performed a factory reset (as in the often posted Youtube vid) but things didn't go as they did in the vid.

I think my Solo is reset and updated with both the controller and Solo on 2.4.2. I am pretty sure it is also paired (It had to to update the Solo and controller through SoloLink)

Notably when the controller has noted it is updated it asks for a reconnect to SoloLink wifi and to press A to continue, no amount of pressing A does anything. So I thought about power cycling it by holding the power down but that also does nothing.

Next step is unplugging the battery I guess...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

So just I was about to try to remove the battery for a hard reset, the controller went to the "waiting for solo" screen. I may have pushed a button as I was turning the controller over. It had been stuck in the above screen for at least 10 minutes...

I've since connected it and turned it off a few times so I might be good. Still a little worried that there's a persistent problem though.

Any thoughts would still be appreciated

Mike

Factory reset can take a bit of time. It can also hang. Perhaps you should try it again.

Factory reset can take a bit of time. It can also hang. Perhaps you should try it again.
Thanks for the feedback. I am already getting the idea that the Solo is that kind of device and needs a little patience.

Also check the button is not sticking.
Press the power button then slightly press on the controller around the button. Some users have had sticky buttons.
Thanks, I'll try that next time... I'm now having a very persistent compass error and no amount of calibrating seems to solve it. The green bar gets stuck half way and it says to calibrate again...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela