solo cli not connecting to the controller. controller stuck on preflight update

Reaction score
My controller is stuck on preflight update screen. I tried factory resetting both the controller and solo by following the instructions in this link: Factory Reset | 3DR. But the controller gets stuck on the preflight update screen. I also tried using solo cli to flash the firmware software on the controller, but it doesn't connect to the controller despite being connected to the SoloLink_XXXXXX network (I am pinging the network(10.1.1.1) and receiving packets in return). Any clues on how I can get past the preflight update screen?
Note: I also tried to update the software on the controller and solo via the app, but the it says "Unable to connect to solo".

Reset your controller using the instructions supplied.
Reset your drone using the instructions supplied. When you reset your drone, put it down and wait about 8 minutes and do nothing to your drone during this time. That's how long it should take to complete a reset. After that, try pairing your drone and controller again.

Please note that the way your everything hooks up is this... Drone pairs to controller, controller pairs to your device (tablet or smart phone). Your controller needs to be able to download the preflight update from the internet on your device, however some devices won't allow you to connect to your controller and the internet at the same time. So you have to connect to your controller (and controller to drone) and then disconnect and reconnect to your wifi for the app to download the preflight update. The preflight update will be sent to your controller. When this part is successful your controller will then display a "Waiting on solo" message. That's when you'll need to ensure you can pair the controller to your drone.

Reactions: windluv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421