SOLO Calibrations

Reaction score
Use the Solo app to perform compass and level calibrations when prompted by the controller. There’s no need to perform calibrations before each flight unless instructed to by the controller. Connect the app to Solo Wi-Fi and select a calibration from the Solo menu. Ensure that Solo and the controller are powered on with the propellers removed.

solo_setting2-1024x577.png

Compass Calibration
Solo requires an interference-free environment for compass calibration, so ensure that you are away from metal buildings, reinforced concrete, or other metal structures before starting calibration. The app will prompt you to rotate Solo end-over-end multiple times until the bar at the top of the screen is completely green. If the calibration fails, move to a different location and try again.

compass_calibration-1024x577.png

Level Calibration
A level calibration zeroes Solo’s accelerometers to recognize static states. To perform a level calibration, follow the prompts to place Solo perfectly still on each side in turn. In each step, wait a few seconds after moving Solo to press Next.

accell_calibration-1024x577.png

Are you attempting to duplicate the Solo manual here? Just asking' and wonderin'

Just passing on info ...some people don't know where to look and I hope this would help

Ok. IMHO supplementing the manual would be more helpful, just duplicating it... not so much and might be a copyright issue. It's just as easy to post a link to the manual.

For example one link provides all this info and more:
http://3drobotics.com/kb/solo/

But enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Ok only passing info on it you have a problem then get the administration to delete it SORRY FOR HELPING most people don't know where to get it

Reactions: Toiletbowl
PS if you own a solo and it's a 3dr product then what do you mean copyright info ..it's a manual for use with your Solo

Do you want me to ask 3dr it I can post it I will call my boy at 3dr Vu Tran and tell him

Relax, it's not a big deal at all, if you enjoy doing it, feel free to continue it. I just don't see a benefit to duplicate the whole manual here when 3dr has it all online already. Sorry I said anything about it. Feel free to delete my posts about it.

And since you are trying to help others, I think that is nice, so I'll try to help you a bit as sometimes it's important to understand these things:

Solo User Manual V4
© 2015 3D Robotics Inc.

http://bfy.tw/11jy

Last edited:
Reactions: Jubalr
Just about any product purchased today does not come with a full manual and hasn't for a few years now. Most people know to go to the website for the latest version. If they don't then a simple link would work well here. I don't see a need for reposting the manual page by page either. But if that is what you feel is best, then proceed.

Ok only passing info on it you have a problem then get the administration to delete it SORRY FOR HELPING most people don't know where to get it
go ahead continue helping people about solo procedure it would be a big help to everyone

There also was a updated manual on 3dr site its v.3 so there are updating manual also ...so take a look to see what is different

Use the Solo app to perform compass and level calibrations when prompted by the controller. There’s no need to perform calibrations before each flight unless instructed to by the controller. Connect the app to Solo Wi-Fi and select a calibration from the Solo menu. Ensure that Solo and the controller are powered on with the propellers removed.

solo_setting2-1024x577.png

Compass Calibration
Solo requires an interference-free environment for compass calibration, so ensure that you are away from metal buildings, reinforced concrete, or other metal structures before starting calibration. The app will prompt you to rotate Solo end-over-end multiple times until the bar at the top of the screen is completely green. If the calibration fails, move to a different location and try again.

compass_calibration-1024x577.png

Level Calibration
A level calibration zeroes Solo’s accelerometers to recognize static states. To perform a level calibration, follow the prompts to place Solo perfectly still on each side in turn. In each step, wait a few seconds after moving Solo to press Next.

accell_calibration-1024x577.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea