Solo body transformation/ evolution

Reaction score
I am starting to love the Solo body. It resembles the appearance of a stealth bomber. Lol [emoji28]

Is it possible we can improve on the design and dynamic of our beloved Solo body? I wish someone could release a version 2 of the body thus pushing the Solo to the future without becoming extinct. It's time we need an interchangeable body swap!

I don't really like the look of the DJI Phantom bodies eventhough they're quite successful. The Spark and Mavic are too small and compact like children toys. Hahaha. Wonderful techs but not sure if they're robust for abuse and accidents. Friend bought a Spark and it's not responding to most of his hand gestures. It's just hovering there unresponsive which scares me. I was afraid someone will take control of it and attack us with it. Lol

The Inspire body looks great, but it's too big and expensive. Think this one is mainly for commercial use and the purely rich hobbyist?

I don't want to see the 3DR going extinct!!!!!

Reactions: Rex Barlow
That’s a great idea, but the market for some after-market Solo products is “iffy” at best.

I don’t think anybody really knows how many Solos were actually sold and how many are still in use.

So why put time and money into developing something who’s market is unknown?

I’m going down this road right now with Brite Lite.

Last edited:
Well said, if people had more solid figures they would know what their potential market could be and be able to make better calls about investing in any development. I mean, if there was an assured purchase of say 10,000 gimbals or new battery units, there would be a lot to drive further development (and yes I know there is development in those area's, but I'm talking about a finished, fully working, supported product in an nice injection molded body.... not something people need tape or skill with a soldering Iron to make work).

I'd even support pre-buys at this point, trigger an automatic production run once 500 orders are placed depending on what types of deals could be worked out with manufacturers.

Anyway, the Brite Lite system is great, but I'm wondering if the future for that lies in being able to adapt it to other drones or as a stand alone self powered product that could be affixed to drones, r/c craft etc. (not sure if any other drones have handy accessory bays for power).

That’s a great idea, but the market for some after-market Solo products is “iffy” at best.

I don’t think anybody really knows how many Solos were actually sold and how many are still in use.

So why put time and money into developing something who’s market is unknown?

I’m going down this road right now with Brite Lite.
You're right. I could see that DJI is at the forefront of dominating the drone market. They have released plenty innovative products that is hard to compete against without big pocket money for research and development. Did DJI pick up what 3DR had ditched in respect to their consumer division? I think I might have read something about this, but I could have mistaken for other companies.

I like the Inspire 2. Is it possible to DIY one to replicate the look of it without the hefty price? Or it's been done already? Is there a good website store to source for DIY drones?

I've seen a Solo with carbon fiber helicopter-like landing bars. Was that custom made or it could be purchased as bolt-on? Are they retractable?

You're Brite Lite is amazing, you should re-design the housing and power connects so that it can be used with the DIY Drone crowd. I'm going to be building a drone in the summer and I want to use your lights on that drone. Possibly finding a way to make it work on DJI Phantom or Inspire. I definitely see a need for it.

I also have a Phantom 4, but would never bother to go on those forums, this is the only one for me. Only fly the Phantom for work, all other flying is Solo. Need to get the battery issues fixed before returning the Solo to the work force.

Reactions: Rex Barlow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000