Solo Battery BMS Pics

Reaction score
I manage to tear down my first battery without blowing up or catching fire......up close pics of BMS......now to connect the XT60 female connector & 4S female balance connector.......good video on Drone Worship website.........thank you......

How can one order batteries from Gen Aces Tattu if the battery are not expected end until May frame........do we have to wait unitl US distributors have them before we buy or can we order & pay for them now.....

BMS1.jpgBMS2.jpgBMS3.jpgBMS4.jpg

Last edited:
JP1 is the 4S balance connector......per BMS4.jpg...the very left wire of this connector indicates P+.......power positive.....

What do the others stand for ???? So left to right we have P+, A3P, A2P, A1P, A1N.....Who can answer this ???

The 4S balance connector is soldered to points 1 thru 5 on BMS5.jpg. B+ is the red wire attachment, & B- is the Black wire attachment.

Interesting how we see B1, B2, B3....but there is no B4........do these correspond to the individual Lipo cells ????

Anyone with knowledge, please pipe in ...........& thanks in advance.....

Attachments

• BMS4.jpg
    BMS4.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 69
  • BMS5.jpg
    BMS5.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Thanks Jon...great tutorial....in all of the battery mods you have perform.....have you ever had one explode or catch fire......

Reactions: jonbrotherton
It is interesting.....I have 2 batteries dated 8/15.........never used until now.....is the 4 yr shelf life or so from date of manufacture or when they were put in use ???

Last edited:
I have not had a Solo battery explode or catch fire. But I have had a damaged standard Lipo catch fire. It is no joke.

The shelf life is from manufacture date, not from the time you first charge it. Hence the term "shelf" life.

So all solo owners will eventually be forced to do some kind of battery mod if they want to keep their birds flying ? Is that correct.....? That sucks....but I love my Solo.....I am not ready to switch to the other side .......that other drone company. ....

Unless there is another OEM run the alternatives are either to get/make modded batteries or fly with a straight adapter to common 4S Lipo and use a plug in battery alarm and/or time the flights.

It would be a cool feature of Arducopter if it had a time based failsafe. Like you set the minutes and seconds and it triggers RTL or Land or Do Nothing, etc. (If that exists already I haven't found it.)

Great reply....thanks Jon.....I am sure that a lot of Solo owners know this......hence they are unloading their birds........I have 2 .... one I keep for spare....

Reactions: jonbrotherton
I have a few Solos. I don't see batteries as a reason to get rid of Solo. Unless you have a specific need that exceeds Solo's capacity the best bang for buck is Solo. And new batteries are cheap if you just get the BMS out of your old batteries. It is a smart battery that can be made new again for the price of a non-smart battery. Too easy!20190416_084708_HDR.jpeg20190416_084745_HDR.jpeg20190416_084722_HDR.jpeg

so I would imagine you strap that in the battery tray.........where did you find the shrink wrap ????

It can be held in with a velcro strap or the 3D printable snap in cover we designed. It latches on just like a stock battery.

The shrink wrap is 4" (103mm) black on Amazon. I think it is mentioned in the instructional document. You could get different colors to tell them apart. Lol500c3efc5bb7a7192ad5642af08a37b7_preview_featured.jpeg89704f9c7c463d410d0ddff4764b0720_preview_featured.jpeg

Jon, I like your covers......I didnt see any price thou....... How Much ......

I don't sell them. I posted the design for people to 3D print themselves.

Usually there are community centers nearby that provide 3D printing services, usually very affordably. A lot of them are called Makerspace and will be at the library or rec center.

Reactions: Mikerman50

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea