Solo Batteries Almost Free and Going Fast!

Reaction score
The Solo parts inventory is quickly evaporating! Best Buy has just dropped their Solo battery price to a paltry $29.99.

At that price, these batteries, which just months ago sold for $150, will disappear in a hurry. In my area, there don't appear to be any batteries available within a 250-mile radius, so it's likely that you'll have to have your batteries shipped from the Best Buy warehouse. The good news is that it appears that 2-day shipping is free for any purchases of $35 or more.

Click here to go directly to the battery page on Best Buy's site. I'd hurry!

UPDATE:

Aside from potential local store inventory and the $299 bundle including an extra battery, it appears that Best Buy is out of Solo batteries.

New batteries are still available on Amazon here with free Prime 2-day shipping for $40. With Best Buy's inventory all but gone, I'm betting that these on Amazon will either get more expensive quickly or disappear altogether.

Last edited:
Thanks for the head's up. It's showing up as "in store only", and they're not in stock at any store within a 250 mile radius of me, unfortunately. I have 10 batteries, which should last me a good while... but at $30 a pop, I would buy a few more.

I'll keep an eye on them. I've been trying really hard to not buy any more Solos, but if they drop below the current $300, I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Reactions: tomdog22
My "Hanger" is pretty full right now.
I might be the one that gets "Hanged" if I buy any more stuff!
I'm hoping a 3rd Party will crop up in the future and start making batteries.
Hanger.jpg

I'm trying to resist buying more. I have 6 now. Although I may have sacrificed one over the weekend, so maybe I need to buy one more... or two more... or three.

Yep. When I posted they still had inventory in their warehouse, but it looks like they're all gone now. The Best Buy page still allows you to check for inventory in local stores, but, for many, local store inventory is non-existent.

Batteries are still available on Amazon here with free Prime 2-day shipping for $40. With Best Buy's inventory all but gone, I'm betting that these on Amazon will either get more expensive quickly or disappear altogether.

Interesting that the Best Buy package that includes an extra battery is still available to ship. Looks like they're reserving batteries for those packages. They're showing as still available at my local store... must... resist...

Why is that is 3dr solo going away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is that is 3dr solo going away?

The company that designed Solo has decided to exit the retail products market and concentrate on the commercial products market. The company still exists, they just don't make retail products any longer. Whatever Solo products that are out in the market place are all that will ever be made.

Ok I see don't have one yet been researching maybe will go with a different one.

I was gonna get the one with the backpack I can only get one deal wife kids all that..

You would say it's better than the phantom

You won't find a better bargain, better bang-for-the-buck drone deal as the $299 Solo deals going on a Best Buy right now. But they will all be gone before too long. You can spend more, but I doubt you could get a markedly better drone.

Agreed! DJI customer service sucks from what I hear online anyway. There's plenty of support on this forum and the most of the platform is open source linux based. Don't delay.

My second Solo got here today. I got it all for less cost than a Yuneec Q500+ 4K and it flies VERY VERY NICE!

3DR Robotics is still is business, they're just focused on the business market segment now. Don't know how that might work out for their future, but it's a great bird regardless.

Second that ....I just bought a second one today ...the one with the back pack option.......but to no avail on the back pack.......so they threw in a LowePro Brand one instead......more of a universal drone packpack.....

Also, took a drive down to Chula Vista from San Diego to see the company mRobotics.io ....meet Christian & Ben & spoke to them for about 10-15 mins or so......great guys with lots of knowledge about these birds......

Also bought their GPS upgrade for the Solo.......well worth the $80 price tag.....more assurance of receiving numerous GPS sats & the lock.........

mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Enter Coupon code Free5 for 5% discount

When your Solo is out of warranty, it is this company that will be fixing your drone......

They are a nice bunch of guys there.....I am fortunate to live near this company if parts or service is needed in the future.....

Check into their GPS upgrade for the Solo

Last edited:
Nearly everything on the Solo is also open source or modular anyway, so you're not as tied into their replacement products. There are motors, props, most of the electronics, all available. Even the batteries could be hacked, they're just a standard 4S LIPO battery with integrated management circuits, and the top mount vs slot means that exact fit is not critical to frankenstein some new ones together. I would say if you don't already have a GoPro it's not *as* impressive of a deal when compared to some of the refurb DJI units, but you're much less dependent on the company in the first place with this design. I hadn't even been looking for one, already had a home-brew, but it's even running a similar version of the software with the Mavlink ground control stations.

DJI has great products but they are like Apple......a lot of proprietary hardware & software......they are vertically integrated.......so they will not be as flexible as the open source Solo....

For $299, the Solo is a great price to get into the drone market if one already has an under utilized GoPro 3, 3+, or 4 lying around....

Just got mine and thinking of buying a second one already.

Gopro 3's refurb'd on eBay are going for under 150$, so for $450 you have one heck of a deal.

Reading the forums and finding all the mods/retro upgrades this was a no brainer for me.

I keep checking for the batteries near me in best buy. found one store that had them in stock showed fewer than 3 and i bought 1 and now they are out again lol. ill keep checking, but 3 is a decent amount for now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40