Solo app won't connect to my android 6.0 devices

Reaction score
Bought Solo used this weekend and have not been able to connect to the app through my HTC one M9
or my Nexus tablet 7.0 both running android build 6.0
The interesting thing is the chap I bought from had a tablet and performed test flight and he had no prob. I believe he had an iOS tablet.
Here's what happens.. And, for the record I have rebooted both devices as well as loading the "services" app. specific to Android devices.

No Gopro yet...
power on controller
power on solo
open solo app
follow instructions to settings\wifi
choose solo signal and enter password "sololink"
now status alternates to saved and I think is all good...
Then "Authentication Error"...(signal strength: excellent)
Try again same thing over and over with both tablet and phone
I have flown half dozen times and controller pairs with Solo no problem
So much is controlled by the app that I am severely limited flying like this, the yaw is especially slow, holy cow.

Submitted a help ticket and with all the echatter I am surprised I haven't found a solution by now!

Please help!!

Thanks!

authentication error means it don't like your password
I have a nexus 9 on android 6 connects just fine

If you cant remember the password its reset time
the password will go back to sololink

Oh, I get it...since I am the second owner this bird is digitally inscribed with the password from the previous (first) owner..
so using "sololink" as described in the literature won't do it.
I need to program them A and B buttons before I do much of anything else, for sure
and by reset time you are referring to factory reset of controller and SOLO using bind button on bottom of craft?
I thought about that but thought I'd grub up some feedback 1st..

I really appreciate your lightning fasst reply, cheers!

I guess the clue there would be the verbage "temporary password" so..
3DR registers the bird with the new permanent password that you choose upon setup.

Ill try tomorrow thanks pyrate

No worries
You could also ask the person you got it from what the password is, and then change it

Well it's not that 3DR registered anything. One of the first things that happens when do the initial setup out of the box is change the WiFi password. So just email the guy you bought it from ask him what he changed the password too. Once you know what it is, forget the WiFi connection on your phone and start over.

Just reset the controller/solo to stock/default so it resets the password and any alterations the previous owner might have done. You never know what they might have altered in Tower/MP.

Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

After you reset, the password will be the default "sololink" again and the solo app will prompt you to change it to something unique.

Reactions: pyrate
Just reset the controller/solo to stock/default so it resets the password and any alterations the previous owner might have done. You never know what they might have altered in Tower/MP.

Factory Reset | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

After you reset, the password will be the default "sololink" again and the solo app will prompt you to change it to something unique.

that would be my course of action on any used product

Reactions: Ted R
Wahoo! After a few trys all is well...3dr tech support was helpful as well in figuring this out even tho I bought used..

Bought Solo used this weekend and have not been able to connect to the app through my HTC one M9
or my Nexus tablet 7.0 both running android build 6.0
The interesting thing is the chap I bought from had a tablet and performed test flight and he had no prob. I believe he had an iOS tablet.
Here's what happens.. And, for the record I have rebooted both devices as well as loading the "services" app. specific to Android devices.

No Gopro yet...
power on controller
power on solo
open solo app
follow instructions to settings\wifi
choose solo signal and enter password "sololink"
now status alternates to saved and I think is all good...
Then "Authentication Error"...(signal strength: excellent)
Try again same thing over and over with both tablet and phone
I have flown half dozen times and controller pairs with Solo no problem
So much is controlled by the app that I am severely limited flying like this, the yaw is especially slow, holy cow.

Submitted a help ticket and with all the echatter I am surprised I haven't found a solution by now!

Please help!!

Thanks!
OOOOKkkkkk, Fixed this, as well..Factory reset. SOLO was still keyed in to the previous owners bird...So, after a few tries all is golden, now!
Happy rotoring to all and to all a good flight!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea