Solo app - video stream goes blank when I start recording

Reaction score
I switch between (not in middle of flight) the Solo app and SidePilot app. When using the Solo app, I take off, fly fine, see video stream to my iPhoneSE fine...but when I select RECORD, the video feed goes blank...the record button remains visible, but the video on the screen is blank. Anyone else seen that? BTW...once I have landed, I find that recording took place just fine, just the feed to the phone got gone.

Reactions: Coopermckay
I’m having this same problem. Just recently it happened. I’ve been flying fine with it for a while. But the last week or so every time I hit record in the solo app it goes blank.

Mine too, i think its just since the recent iPhone ios update, but sometimes screen doesn't come on at all, sometimes it works till i press record then goes blank, have tried all sorts of combinations on the Gopro but nothing works, video doesn't record automatically anymore and it isn't saved to iphone either, it does record on the Gopro if you press record on the camera before it takes off, but that doesn't really matter because you cant see what you are filming anyway and its a waste of time

Reactions: Coopermckay
After you press record and the screen goes blank, try closing then restarting the Solo app. iOS 11 doesn't like the Solo app, but there are a number of threads here addressing that.
Try searching "iOS 11".

After you press record and the screen goes blank, try closing then restarting the Solo app. iOS 11 doesn't like the Solo app, but there are a number of threads here addressing that.
Try searching "iOS 11".
thank you

again... I keep seeing compatibility issues when it comes to combining various technologies that skirt with one another for a collaborated effort to supply an experience and eventually these developers find themselves no longer interested in the project or ditch it to take on higher pay- taking us all on a ride of intentional support and backing from an idea standpoint.
other sales pitch folly - luckily there's still enough people here to help- but if no one is going to help the app for the phones as the continue to debug issues we can surely bet the issue of the app with cause issues eventually- if not dropped all together

who remembers a cool game iphone had out where you could fly a millenium falcon using gyros on the phone which eventually was pulled because of licensing- did anyone ever get a refund? Star Wars Arcade: Falcon Gunner BEST GAME EVER

I switch between (not in middle of flight) the Solo app and SidePilot app. When using the Solo app, I take off, fly fine, see video stream to my iPhoneSE fine...but when I select RECORD, the video feed goes blank...the record button remains visible, but the video on the screen is blank. Anyone else seen that? BTW...once I have landed, I find that recording took place just fine, just the feed to the phone got gone.
I have this problem as well

I am glad to see it is an actual issue instead of something wrong with my setup. The only real reason I still use the Solo app is because I can get a video feed that does not have any telemetry, or other items on the screen...only the view from the camera...I like that...and with a tap of the screen, that telemetry stuff shows up. You can't do that with Sidepilot...the video feed always has stuff on the screen. However, I won't be using Solo app if I have to stop and restart the app in mid-flight. I suspect I will just stop using the Solo app, and start using the SidePilot app only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000