Solo app issue maybe

Reaction score
Hi group I purchased a solo a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. I have a friend who bought a new solo and is having a video problem. He is using a new hero 4 gopro he is using his iPhone for the solo app. I first looked at it today and I think the issue may be solo link. It says he is connected and when you push fly on the iPhone the controller says link is disconnected instead of putting live video on the phone and it kills the solo app on the phone. This is what had me befuddled his solo works great from the controller and he was telling me he could not go above 150ft so I changed it in the app to 385ft and it worked . So the app had to have worked right or is there another hopefully known issue. I use a hero 3 and a galaxy s4 and s8 on my solo with no issues. Is this a iPhone issue. My next step or thought is to put my hero 3 onboard and try my s8 phone to try and narrow the problem. Also I will have him uninstall the app and reinstall. Right now I am taking small swings at it.

Have you tried to connect your phone to his Solo? Would rule out a iPhone problem.
Make sure he is running the latest version of the 3DR firmware. The previous version had a bug that caused the iPhone to not be compatible. It's all good now if you use the latest software.

Hi group I purchased a solo a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. I have a friend who bought a new solo and is having a video problem. He is using a new hero 4 gopro he is using his iPhone for the solo app. I first looked at it today and I think the issue may be solo link. It says he is connected and when you push fly on the iPhone the controller says link is disconnected instead of putting live video on the phone and it kills the solo app on the phone. This is what had me befuddled his solo works great from the controller and he was telling me he could not go above 150ft so I changed it in the app to 385ft and it worked . So the app had to have worked right or is there another hopefully known issue. I use a hero 3 and a galaxy s4 and s8 on my solo with no issues. Is this a iPhone issue. My next step or thought is to put my hero 3 onboard and try my s8 phone to try and narrow the problem. Also I will have him uninstall the app and reinstall. Right now I am taking small swings at it.

I've had problems on one of my Android devices with video - had to set to a lower resolution and frame rate. Try starting at 1080p and 30fps and see if problem goes away. Can raise setting from there.

Also heard of problems with SD card causing problems - not sure if same symptom though - would have to search this forum.

Have you tried to connect your phone to his Solo? Would rule out a iPhone problem.
Make sure he is running the latest version of the 3DR firmware. The previous version had a bug that caused the iPhone to not be compatible. It's all good now if you use the latest software.
Thanks andrew going to try that

I had a iphone connect problem, I deleted the app. and reloaded it, it now works fine. Might try it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea