Solo Android App Missing

Reaction score
It has been a while since I have flown. :-( When I search for 3DR Solo in the app store, nothing but the 3DR Services app appears. If I search the web I see the 3DR Solo app but clicking gives me the error "Error retrieving infromation from server." Similar message if I click install from within 3DR Services app. This is on a Google Pixel 2 XL.

Yup, just did a check, looks like the app has finally been pulled from the Play store. Well only to be expected, what, the company is out of consumer drone business for what, 3 years? So doubtful they would keep supporting the app or the the 3DR servers (you know, the ones your solo needs to contact for that preflight update). Time to move on to Solex and Open Solo folks!

It has been a while since I have flown. :-( When I search for 3DR Solo in the app store, nothing but the 3DR Services app appears. If I search the web I see the 3DR Solo app but clicking gives me the error "Error retrieving infromation from server." Similar message if I click install from within 3DR Services app. This is on a Google Pixel 2 XL.

I just did a backup of the Solo app.... .apk file. File is to large for upload. PM with your email if interested.

An excellent replacement app for Android 3DR Solo is Solex. Continually being updated, with lots of extra features. Well worth the cost.

I have a different theory as to why it's gone. The need for the 3DR Services app was eliminated quite awhile ago. I have a suspicion they removed the wrong app.

3DR have no reason to continue to support any of it's apps, I suspect they are just removing them at random at this point since the 3DR solo is no longer supported by 3DR. The 3DR servers with the required "preflight update" will be taken down at some point, so people better start upgrading to Solex and Open Solo.

Yes I did on Friday, the 3DR services and 3DR Simulator were still there, but the 3DR solo app used for flying the drone was missing

They probably call it the app store or something, I think technically the android one should be called "The Play Store" or something, but I won't lose sleep over it. ;)

Reactions: carpy
I've emailed the address on 'Services' app page in the Playstore to ask about the main 'Solo' app. I'll let you know if I hear anything back....don't hold you breath though I'd guess.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
It's back the Playstore...not claiming cause and effect, just sayin' [emoji2]....and I'm still using the mighty Solex of course!

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
It's back the Playstore...not claiming cause and effect, just sayin' [emoji2]....and I'm still using the mighty Solex of course!

Yep. I just checked now and it is back and 3DR Services is gone. So it was a mistake. They removed the wrong app. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421