Solo 3DR Questions: 915Mhz? MAVProxy? qgroundcontrol?

Reaction score
Hi, got a 3DR solo and am goofing around with it.

It doesn't use 915Mhz for anything, correct? Just 2.462Ghz?

I see some posts relating to the solo where you can use this "3dr-radio-set", but it's a dead link:
https://store.3drobotics.com/products/3dr-radio-set

There is a radio set pair offered as a product on the 3DR site, but it's for 915Mhz...which the solo doesn't use, right? Or is it intended as a telemetry hookup aftermarket thing for the solo?

Do I need an aftermarket thing to use MAVProxy or qgroundcontrol?

Because it uses mavlink I should be able to see or control the 3dr using mavproxy or qgroundcontrol? Not seeing it tho.

Your questions are kind of vague. You do not need any of those things. GCS applications like Mission Planner, MavProxy, APM Planner, and QGC can connect to the solo using UDP over WiFi

You can use mavlink over the 2.4GHz wifi link. Just hook to the drone with your laptop as if it was an access point. tell Mission planner or QGC to use UDP with the default port.
You may have to turn off the firewall on windows, or allow that specific UDP traffic in firewall configuration. Works with Tower on the phone too.

Reactions: thedrones
You can use mavlink over the 2.4GHz wifi link. Just hook to the drone with your laptop as if it was an access point. tell Mission planner or QGC to use UDP with the default port.
You may have to turn off the firewall on windows, or allow that specific UDP traffic in firewall configuration. Works with Tower on the phone too.

Yes but using solo WiFi will only get you so far. I’m going to try and set up 915mhz radios instead. I can make my own no need for jesterdrones overpriced stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela