solo 3dr lanyard

Reaction score
i recently received my lanyard about 5-7 days ago. and the ring ripped a hole thru my lanyard which made my controller to fall and caused my drone to crash. drone is fine and still flies but my gimbal and go pro were broken.image2.JPGimage3.JPG

that indeed sucks, I have a lanyard as well but I NEVER allow it to take the full weight of the controller... I mean I dont even think thats something you can bring up to 3DR as that's really user error.

Last edited:
Yeah but still why would they make lanyards that open up like that ? It's bound to happen to someone else. Just wondering if it has happened to someone else.

It's upon you to always double check your equipment, even something as simple as that.
I had the same issue with a keyring for my car key.. if I dropped the car key because
the ring opened up guess who's responsible in the end? Me.

that really makes it no difference in your case.
I dont think I've heard anyone else have this case. Anywho good luck, hope you get your gear repaired and that you're up flying 100% soon.

Question??? Why were you using the lanyard with the ring in the wrong position? the flat end is suppose to be in the nylon not sliding around the hook clasp.

Nick, perhaps you should contact 3DR and alert them to the issue?

Most people will have the transmitter hanging from their strap from time to time.

I just received my lanyard the other day. I was hoping for a nice quality unit, but I thought it seemed a little 'cheap', but I shouldn't complain for a free item which was shipped to me at no cost! :)

I thought it should have been adjustable in length, and a bit stronger looking. Your pictures confirmed that is may not be strong enough for its intended use.

I'd suggest that people be very careful when using this lanyard.

Nick, perhaps you should contact 3DR and alert them to the issue?

Most people will have the transmitter hanging from their strap from time to time.

I just received my lanyard the other day. I was hoping for a nice quality unit, but I thought it seemed a little 'cheap', but I shouldn't complain for a free item which was shipped to me at no cost! :)

I thought it should have been adjustable in length, and a bit stronger looking. Your pictures confirmed that is may not be strong enough for its intended use.

I'd suggest that people be very careful when using this lanyard.
Got to agree with Rich. The main reason for a lanyard is to allow you to be hands free without having to set the radio down. I let my radio "hang" from my neck quite often, and I don't look down to see if the ring is turned to the correct orientation. The ring should work regardless of which way it is turned, that is how a ring is designed.

Send the photo and explanation of what happened to 3DR, If the logs corroborate your story (i.e. the logs don't show you doing a bone head move, then trying to blame the lanyard), 3DR should make good on this.

I recieved my lanyard last week. Not adjustable, too short. Will not use.

A quick remedy to the oversight of pressing the D-ring together, you could slip a piece of heat shrink over and gap the opening. Me, I'll weld mine shut. Sorry it happened Nick, hope 3DR will help you out...

I received my lanyard last week. Not adjustable, too short. Will not use.
I guess it was long enough for Collin to use....;)

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I've distrusted stock RC lanyards for years - when flying RC airplanes the most expensive piece of gear is often the transmitter.
I've got rifle slings with heavy-duty clasps on every tx I own!

Reactions: GoodnNuff
i recently received my lanyard about 5-7 days ago. and the ring ripped a hole thru my lanyard which made my controller to fall and caused my drone to crash. drone is fine and still flies but my gimbal and go pro were broken.View attachment 1084View attachment 1085

I use a heavy duty laptop bag strap that I clip to a thick keyring I put on the controller. Works great. I know its overkill, but it won't break.

Attachments

• 1484956217168991258437.jpg
    1484956217168991258437.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
If you are referring to the neck strap that I use; It is from a Targus laptop bag. The model number of the bag is CUCT02UA14-12. If you are referring to the 3DR neck strap, I would look on eBay.

Got to agree with Rich. The main reason for a lanyard is to allow you to be hands free without having to set the radio down. I let my radio "hang" from my neck quite often, and I don't look down to see if the ring is turned to the correct orientation. The ring should work regardless of which way it is turned, that is how a ring is designed.

Send the photo and explanation of what happened to 3DR, If the logs corroborate your story (i.e. the logs don't show you doing a bone head move, then trying to blame the lanyard), 3DR should make good on this.

I recieved my lanyard last week. Not adjustable, too short. Will not use.

I agree with you 100%. The lanyard should be able to hold the weight of your controller at all times. Furthermore, this is not a matter of user error at all, as was earlier suggested. Hope it all works out for the guy.

I know who's is a bit late by a couple of yrs but I never got my lanyard and would still like one....anybody know where I can find one?

I know who's is a bit late by a couple of yrs but I never got my lanyard and would still like one....anybody know where I can find one?
Unless you just want to collect the lanyard, I would get a proper remote strap. The lanyard puts the weight on your neck, which kind of stinks. I picked up this one (or maybe a very similar one) and have been happy with it for those times I'm using the remote for extended periods. It's also convenient if I just need my hands and don't want to put down the remote.
Bower Sky Capture Series Drone Remote Strap SCS-RCFS B&H Photo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela