Solo 2.0 or 2.1

Reaction score
I know not everyone is onboard with the new cube and ardu master effort that is about to go into high gear.
But lets face it, if Solo has a future it will be with the ardupilot.
Have we considered setting a forum for users who are doing this testing to collaborate in a forum setting?
Might be a way to make sure traffic continues

Reactions: speatuk
I'm looking to do a Cube build, but the darn thing costs the same as my Solo! :eek: I just have to save some more nickels and dimes and I'll get started. :) (And convince the wife!)

My cube is in, just need to work out some calibrations and wonky gimbal stuff
but it appears to be on 3.6 dev arducopter

what functionality is missing/available currently?

I'd like a forum, I'd like to follow the effort but I mustn't kow the right place to look because I just see bits and pieces here and on the facebook group

the FB mod club is the best place to follow, but it would be great here
Best I can tell Pano is not working but most everything else is
very cool that it still works with the stock controller and apps, including Solex which Kelly is adding features to support the cube and arducopter

What frame are you putting it on? Are you simply putting it into a Solo body?
Yes just doing it in my spare solo for testing.
I have added the accessory break out board so I can help test some other things like flow and parachute
Might get to test boat mode next week
Might even get brave and try throw mode

Yes just doing it in my spare solo for testing.
I have added the accessory break out board so I can help test some other things like flow and parachute
Might get to test boat mode next week
Might even get brave and try throw mode

I'm pursuing a total DIY path. Ordered a Tarot 680 hex frame. Still meditating on the motors. Will be traveling for the next month; I'll pick up the Cube when I get back. I agree with quick_dry that discussion on the Cube is kind of scattered.

I have a DIY as well, running the non solo cube 2.1 with the new Here GPS
that thing flies so nice
Just received the Craft and Theory telem cable so I can get a HUD on the tarranis.
so much happening right now with arducopter and PH 2.1
that RTK GPS accuracy is crazy for 600 bucks. If I had that much need for centimeter GPS accuracy I would be all over that.
Was just reading a thread about how some folks are working on a parachute mod from a husban using ardu parachute code for less than 50 bucks on solo

Going to try and find a boat to test it on next week, but it has been tested by others and did work
throw mode is out there too and cool, but still just by nature dangerous and I am not sure I would ever need it

re boat mode - just hold it and wiggle it around while you arm it? (easier and quicker to simulate rough seas than going offshore and realising a param wasn't set properly)

Just flew my first and only pack so far
flew pretty dang good.
The Peddals and gang have paved a nice path for us

Was just reading a thread about how some folks are working on a parachute mod from a husban using ardu parachute code for less than 50 bucks on solo

I was reading that too and just received two Hubsan parachutes. Can you please point me to that thread again? I can't seem to find it... thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxheadspace
OK, how about the reverse? There's a rash of returned, untested Solo rejects popping up all over for well under $100 (body only). Many of them are proving to be in operating condition, if you know how to do factory resets and a few other remedies. Anyone know how to pull the Pixhawk 2 out of the Solo body and mate it to generic ESCs and receivers, like FrSky, in a different frame?

Well the PH 2 is not the best candidate for a DIY move
the PH2.1 would be better for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc