Solid Orange light possible fix?

Reaction score
I, like many others, have caused the solid orange light on my solo after a factory reset. After reading many posts and discussions on this site, I have not found a fix for this problem ( although there may be one that eluded me). However, how about this?
I have lots of parts from cadaver solos. What if I take a good black ( or green) cube and a good SD card from the parts box, and put the in the infected drone. Will that give me a secure base to start anew???

Before you go too crazy, just remove and reseat the SD card and see if that helps.

Thanks, but I am a little crazy. I have cleaned and reset the SDcard to no avail. This solo is my test subject. I try everything on this before moving to my primary flyer.

OK. Put the SD card in your computer and see what's on it. It should probably come up as a partition called "GOLDEN". And in it should be 4 files: 3dr-solo-imx6solo-3dr-1080p.squashfs,imx6solo-3dr-1080p.dtb,u-boot.imx, & uImage. See if they got hosed.

Reactions: Maddog
I, like many others, have caused the solid orange light on my solo after a factory reset. After reading many posts and discussions on this site, I have not found a fix for this problem ( although there may be one that eluded me). However, how about this?
I have lots of parts from cadaver solos. What if I take a good black ( or green) cube and a good SD card from the parts box, and put the in the infected drone. Will that give me a secure base to start anew???
Funny thing is I had not realized that the "orange light of doom" was all that common. Or for that matter how it happens - appears to be due to some file corruption? I would have torn into mine to do the sd pull/reseat if it was not for the fact it was only an hour or two old. Let us know how it turns out.

I will. I'll tear into it over the weekend. The real world is getting in my way today and part of tomorrow

I have returned. All 4 files are there. That is the good news. What I thought was my black club solo is in fact the green cube solo! Which means I screwed up the install which you made so clear and I thought I had followed so carefully. I have got to color code my solos. So please forgive my f up but here we are. After you think use approparate words to discribe me, please continue to help. I still have a glowing orange light.

P&P I think I see what I need to do after reading your reply to
Shamrock . Put the black cube back in and factory reset and go th.rough the whole shottin match again with an adult in the room.

Just had a issue where "looking for solo" became infinite so time to reset but

I just had the constant orange light cant reset issue...so I took the sd card out and reseated it and it didn't work but I just kept pulling the card , reseating and rebooting like a maniac and after maybe a dozen tries it finally worked. When the light finally started blinking it was well worth the insanity. Reset and flew off into the sunset.

Hi my name is Jochen I'm from Germany and have recently been to solo. but the factory reset, I now have the problem s.der solo, the orange light is always flashing and in the transmitter lights a red and the orange flashes. I can not connect the solo with the transmitter and the factory reset did not work either. Now I've read here with translated that I have the sd card out and back in. is that correct!? I understand the sin just not [emoji85] card out and just come back in to fix the problem? would be cool if you can help me. since here in Germany hardly anyone is familiar with the solo Regards Jochen

can someone tell me if you turn on your solo if then the orange looks down flashing !?

It doesn't look like you got an answer. So let's see where you are at. There is a SD card in solo and the controller. Remove each card and use a eraser (like on a pencil) and rub gently. This will clean the contacts. Then reinstall and see if this help.

IF it still flashing you could do a factory reset.

If it still flashes, use solex firmware updates. Wipe the cube and reload open solo and paramiters. Make sure to take your time and follow the instructions, rebooting as directed.
OK, i dont know what your current status is but the above cant hurt anything.
Good luck, Joe

It works [emoji6][emoji1303][emoji1320]

I have a solid orange light and my pixhawk is flashing red orange and green. I formatted my sd card on the imx6 but made no difference

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela