Solex or Side Pilot

Reaction score
Alright guys gonna need your help in deciding which way to go.... Planning on upgrading one of my Solo’s, Green Cube, Here, Open Solo, etc. and was wondering if I’d be better off getting a ‘Droid Tablet and running Solex on it or using my iPad Air 2 and running Side Pilot??? If I run Solex I’m going to have to buy a Tablet which means I’ll have to then decide which one to use also. Any and all suggestions will be Greatly Appreciated. Thanks, Robert

Last edited:
I bought the zte k88 (read a thread here on tablets used, on Amazon for$75) and am running solex. No complaints. I have not used open pilot so I have no comparison for you, but happy none the less.

Reactions: Robert470
I've never seen or used Open Pilot. However I can tell you it will not have any Solo specific functionality. You'll have no access to smart shots. And you'll have none of the Solo settings and configuration stuff. It's purely the normal arducopter stuff. Solex is the way to go.

Reactions: Robert470
Thanks a lot guy’s. So far from all I’ve read, Solex does seem like the Better choice. Just not much of a Droid guy but if I’m going to purchase a Tablet for my Solo’s, don’t see any reason why it couldn’t be Droid based... And a special “Thanks” P2P for all the great information I get from reading “All”your post an the Fourm, makes my life a lot easier and keeps me from pulling out what little hair I have on my head trying to understand a lot of this stuff. Have to say, this is one Great fourm to be a part of....
Thanks again guy’s, Robert

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Sorry guy’s, had to edit this post. Kept referring to Side Pilot as Open Pilot, must of had a Senior Moment???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc