Solex Missions--Setting Speed

Reaction score
what is the method for setting the speed of a mission in Solex?

I have read the manual and searched the forums, cannot get a clear answer.

Click on the survey at the bottom of the screen (same place where your waypoint's or AOI's would show up at). This will open up the Survey settings on the right side of the screen. The second option down will be for the Vehicle speed.

If you set speed for a way point, does that persist for the remaining waypoints?

I noticed the time estimate in the menu bar display his average speed—That number isn’t the same as the speed you set for the first way point.

If you set speed for a way point, does that persist for the remaining waypoints?

I noticed the time estimate in the menu bar display his average speed—That number isn’t the same as the speed you set for the first way point.
I believe you can set up a global mission speed up at the top right. Click the settings button to the left of the "Vehicle Type". This will bring up the speed for your solo. If none is selected for your waypoint speed it should be using your global speed. I thought your first question was regarding a "Survey" mission so I confused myself.

I’ve seen the global mission speed—it is a slider with no numerical input

I want 10m/s, but you can’t do it (9 or 13 only)

Note that even when you set the global speed, that average speed and duration (shown in menu bar) don’t reflect this number.

I’ve seen the global mission speed—it is a slider with no numerical input

I want 10m/s, but you can’t do it (9 or 13 only)

Note that even when you set the global speed, that average speed and duration (shown in menu bar) don’t reflect this number.
Strange. Here is what it looks like on my end. Are you running the most recent version of Solex?Screenshot_20181125-105140.png

Yes, I see that screen.

That screen won’t let you type in an exact number

Yes, I see that screen.

That screen won’t let you type in an exact number
Not sure if you can specify an exact speed for the global setting. Press and hold the speed setting for an individual waypoint and you can type in an exact speed.

Ok, thanks.

I really want Solex to be my go-to app, but it just has lots of confusing undocumented things like this

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea