Solex: importing survey polygons from a PC?

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I want to import survey areas defined on a PC (google earth or arcgis) into solex. Is this possible yet or will it be added soon?

I really want to use solex for comercial mapping because of the battery and engine use logging, really useful for fleet management on jobs that involve hundreds of flight hours, but this type of work also includes lots of complex survey area shapes based on coordinates that can't be traced out on a tablet looking at a visual map.

Should I just learn how to use mission planner or will solex be an option?

Reactions: yarrr
I can't answer your specific question on whether Solex can import data, but since (I believe) the missions are saved as text files on your Android device I have to believe you can interact with them anyway you like.
There are other options. You can develop the mission waypoints in Mission Planner and save them to the copter, and (hopefully) then open them in Solex. This sounds cumbersome to me.
My recommendation is to use Mission Planner for your planning and executing of missions. Solex can (and should) still be used to monitor the live video and log the flight. I use Mission Planner and Solex together all the time. You can have your cake and eat it too!

I can't answer your specific question on whether Solex can import data, but since (I believe) the missions are saved as text files on your Android device I have to believe you can interact with them anyway you like.
There are other options. You can develop the mission waypoints in Mission Planner and save them to the copter, and (hopefully) then open them in Solex. This sounds cumbersome to me.
My recommendation is to use Mission Planner for your planning and executing of missions. Solex can (and should) still be used to monitor the live video and log the flight. I use Mission Planner and Solex together all the time. You can have your cake and eat it too!
Thanks for that, if I can use solex to log the battery and motor use and MP at the same time to plan and execute the missions then that's all I need, although of course it would be nice to have one less interface to deal with. So I guess I had better dive in and learn MP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea