Solex Firmware Update menu option

Reaction score
The Firmware option isn't showing in Solex and YES I have Advance Mode on.

I've even reset my mobile device

Here's a question: When you connect to the Solo and open the flight screen, do you get the video stream, or "Video not supported"? If you have advanced mode on and you get "Video not supported", it may mean that Solex isn't identifying your vehicle as a Solo. That happened to me after I updated the Solo and the update broke the TCP:5507 connection from the app to the Solo. In that case, Solex connects to the autopilot and properly identifies it as a copter, but doesn't know it's a Solo specifically. So when it's deciding which menu items to show and enable, it hides the firmware menu item since the vehicle it's connected to doesn't support firmware updates.

I don't know why no one is answering. I've been watching to see what the answer is..

Probably because I did, and I'm the author of the app we're talking about. :)
Yeah I know who you are. I saw the post last week. Usually you guys are right on top of it. I was curious about the update. As you know Google quit updating it for some reason.

Same problem here with an Asus nexus 7 wifi only. I can't get the packages to load into Solex with that device. No matter the order of connecting to solo link and the Internet. I ultimately used an iPad and side pilot to install open solo.

Hello, im having the same problem on a 3dr Solo drone that i bought brand new with the gimbal and the gopro hero4, so i suppose it has the first version of the solo firmware into, but after making several tries on opening the solo app on an android 10 phone it simply closes itself or crashes, so by reading some articles on the web i have known about the Solex and the opensolo progect and so i went to this guide Install via Solex App , on how to install the opensolo4 software using that Solex app, then i bought it, followed the steps carefully and im stuck to the step where i checked Advanced Mode into the Solex's settings menu but no firmware updates menu appeared. Now im having no Apple pad or phones here, can someone confirm that the SidePilot app is still working on the Apple devices especially the recent ones because i have a friend that has an iphone but i think its recent not know exactly what version it is, so i can eventually use that to update the drone to the opensolo software.

I see the Firmware Updates option in Solex. I saw a video where someone was having issues and their solution seemed to be restarting the drone or disconnecting and reconnecting and waiting a bit.

Hello, im having the same problem on a 3dr Solo drone that i bought brand new with the gimbal and the gopro hero4, so i suppose it has the first version of the solo firmware into, but after making several tries on opening the solo app on an android 10 phone it simply closes itself or crashes, so by reading some articles on the web i have known about the Solex and the opensolo progect and so i went to this guide Install via Solex App , on how to install the opensolo4 software using that Solex app, then i bought it, followed the steps carefully and im stuck to the step where i checked Advanced Mode into the Solex's settings menu but no firmware updates menu appeared. Now im having no Apple pad or phones here, can someone confirm that the SidePilot app is still working on the Apple devices especially the recent ones because i have a friend that has an iphone but i think its recent not know exactly what version it is, so i can eventually use that to update the drone to the opensolo software.
ive done the same thing, im not tooting my own horn but im really good @ things like this and to be honest the solex app is fucking junk that dude is taking peoples money knowing dam well the options that are offered for the solo dont work without paying him even more money, so i needless to say after hours n hours of trying to make it work it wont theres somthing missing and beleave me its purposely done!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela