Soft or hard case?

Reaction score
What does every recommend on a case, the 3DR backpack or buy a hard case? I am primarily using the drone at this time for action sports, mainly whitewater kayaking. Eventually will do commercial type stuff but not at this point.

What does every recommend on a case, the 3DR backpack or buy a hard case? I am primarily using the drone at this time for action sports, mainly whitewater kayaking. Eventually will do commercial type stuff but not at this point.

I have the 3DR Backpack..and loving it! Love how I can just throw it on my back and free up both of my hands and go hiking anywhere with it ..or just carried around in my hand by grabbing one of the handles !

I think the hard shell case is more for traveling ..it would be tough to Hike through the trails caring a hard case in your hand!

So it all depends what your going to be doing with your solo and where your gonna be doing it!

Just my thoughts :)

Fly Safe

Reactions: InspiredOne
I have the 3DR Backpack..and loving it! Love how I can just throw it on my back and free up both of my hands and go hiking anywhere with it ..or just carried around in my hand by grabbing one of the handles !

I think the hard shell case is more for traveling ..it would be tough to Hike through the trails caring a hard case in your hand!

So it all depends what your going to be doing with your solo and where your gonna be doing it!

Fly Safe
Agreed. 3DR backpack 90% of the time. Hardshell for travel.

This is what I was thinking but I want to get as many thoughts on people that have actually been using their drone for a while now.

I too love my backpack and you won't find anything better for the price, it's designed great down to strong seatbelt type straps and being made to fit in carry on or under airplane seats. It's great but, if your going to be on the water and there's a chance solo could end up in the water while still in the case, you may want a watertight hard case. Otherwise the backpack provides more than enough protection on every other front and other than shipping or like I mentioned water I'd use it anywhere an never worry once.

I only with the 3DR backpack had removable straps, then it would be perfect!

Fly Safe
Ditto! I just bought the backpack today for the reasons Del mentioned.
Somebody with a hard case mentioned they are heavy and carrying them around gets tiring.

Reactions: Del

I have the backpack version and love it. A ton of room for both the SOLO gear and most of my GoPro bits and bobs. The foam cutout in the backpack is snug - nothing moves that shouldn't - I put some foam in and around pieces that WOULD move around if I didn't do anything. So perfect.

My pro gear hi end canons and glass - ALL pelican cases - if you travel and need to make sure your gear is safe spend the money and get insurance! :)

Reactions: Stal
I use the back pack. I use it for traveling. Fits most airlines carry on size limits. Looked at hard cases but most exceed the carry on size limits. Just returned from a trip and had no issues flying with it. Fit in the overhead bin.

Reactions: Stal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc