So in a bar in Ohio, it is a felony to carry a Mavic?

Reaction score
Got these in my inbox today..

AUVSI Joins Federal Task Force On UAS Registration - Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International

Regulations.gov

From the email I received:
"The Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration are now accepting public comments on electronic UAS registration to assist the UAS registration task force, which was created yesterday, in developing recommendations for final rules on registration.

Commenters should focus on providing recommendations to streamline the registration process" and "minimize the burden to the regulated community," according to the DOT document. The agencies are also asking for "recommendations regarding what information and registration platform would be appropriate for UAS registration" and "which UAS, based on their weight or performance capabilities, warrant a continued exercise of discretion with respect to registration because of the negligible risk they pose to the national airspace system.

The agencies are requesting all comments within 15 days from publication of the notice."

Thing I found interesting about this statement is that they want all comments withing 15 days but typically the comment period is open for 60 days or more. Also, they are saying that people need to comment on ways to streamline the process etc... But in reality you can comment anything you want. For or against. Something smells fishy. Hopefully auvsi and the AMA will keep the dot atleas somewhat honest.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc