So honest opinions about these add on's..

Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Multirotor-Q...82-20&linkId=cd4a63499a8cd3a51e765b3ab92edc86
So it's a strap on strobe............. that just sounds way dirtier than it is....

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1PA9EO/ref=psdc_3015438011_t1_B003ZWPRUI
Slightly different design and promises a 1DB gain... maybe...

3dr solo Pistol Grip,,free better feet or better gimbal brace incl. Limited time | eBay
Come on, you knew I was going to throw it in here.. Turn your $200 drone with $300 gimbal and $250 camera into a steady cam..... yeah, sounds like a good idea..... not.

3DR SOLO SMART DRONE QUADCOPTER Box ONLY SA11A FREE SHIPPING | eBay
Buy a box for reselling your drone!

3dr Solo Gimbal Box With Instructions | eBay
Or bid on a box to resell your gimbal...

I saw that ebay listing of the gimbal BOX only. I hope the bidders are aware it's a box and no gimbal.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I saw that ebay listing of the gimbal BOX only. I hope the bidders are aware it's a box and no gimbal.
I'm hoping so too, although I remember when the XBox was first being released, people were putting "legitimate" auctions on Ebay for a "picture" of an Xbox. That's right, people were bidding on the photo of the XBox that was listed. A number of people did fall for this co... legitimate..... deal too. It got so bad that eventually eBay did have to step in and refund a lot of cash to people. Honestly though, what can you do, it does say it's just the box with instructions and the photo's clearly show an empty box. Buyer Beware!

I’m betting they bid before they read. IrishmanPDX- have you seen the lighting system Maddog developed? I remember idiots bidding on a quarter- it was up to like $17!

https://www.amazon.com/Multirotor-Q...82-20&linkId=cd4a63499a8cd3a51e765b3ab92edc86
So it's a strap on strobe............. that just sounds way dirtier than it is....
The entire advertisement is a lie. There is no such thing as waiver for the light. The FAA has not approved this device, nor would they, nor could they. The person who wrote the advertising material couldn't even be bothered to use proper english, let alone tell the truth.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1PA9EO/ref=psdc_3015438011_t1_B003ZWPRUI
Slightly different design and promises a 10DB gain... maybe...
10db is only at 5ghz. It's 8db at 2.4ghz the Solo uses.

3dr solo Pistol Grip,,free better feet or better gimbal brace incl. Limited time | eBay
Come on, you knew I was going to throw it in here.. Turn your $200 drone with $300 gimbal and $250 camera into a steady cam..... yeah, sounds like a good idea..... not.
Useful for hand catching. The dude who made that is a member of the mod club on facebook I think.

The entire advertisement is a lie. There is no such thing as waiver for the light. The FAA has not approved this device, nor would they, nor could they. The person who wrote the advertising material couldn't even be bothered to use proper english, let alone tell the truth.
It's definitely a misrepresentation for sure. You can get a waiver to fly at night, one of the requirements is a set of strobe lights and technically you could put that waiver into a filing cabinet afterwards. So it's a filed waiver.... just nothing to do with the bloody lights though.

10db is only at 5ghz. It's 8db at 2.4ghz the Solo uses.
Bugger, I meant to type 1db. The alphas everyone currently uses claims a 7db gain (according to the Amazon page) at 2.4ghz, but these ones claim 8db at 2.4ghz. Doesn't seem like much either way.

Useful for hand catching. The dude who made that is a member of the mod club on facebook I think.
True, and if you don't want to spend $199 on a hand held gimbal.... however the weight of the drone would get pretty tiring for doing hand held shots. Now if he could print a shoulder rig and counter weight for the drone...........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela