Smoke from the Souther California fires seen from Ventura

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stock Solo, new Alpha antennas, new battery (9 min) from B&H, Quicksilver GoPro set to 4K 15FPM. Edited in FCPX and used optical flow to smooth out the the terrible 15 frames per second video.

Background is offshore smoke from the fire that started in Newbury Park in Ventura country and continue to move South into LA, Malibu etc.

What do you think?

Quite decent footage but the choice of music is quite off(at least for me). Still good work!

Thx Ryan, im scared to death of Copyright trolls. There out there and scour the wold wide web for those using private music. Especially those that have other videos on their channel that promote a business. Some might be fake shake down layers but I have seen some very scary demand letters related to popular music being used on decent videos.

Have you heard of any outfits that offer free music? The stuff I have heard from:
FryFly
SongFreedom
Pond5
are either lame or to expensive. The song I used was on the top of the "MostPopular" of Youtube. Its terrible but I dont have to worry about unscrupulous attourneys.

Any experience with music by:
The Music Bed
Marmoset
Filmstro
Free Music Achieve
Audiosocket
SmartSound

Nice footage. Think its time to blow the dust off my solo. Been rockin the Yuneec Q500 lately, saving up for the typhoon H plus.

Nice footage. Think its time to blow the dust off my solo. Been rockin the Yuneec Q500 lately, saving up for the typhoon H plus.

:) Thx--- I checked out info on Yuneec Q500-- Great to see another affordable alternative to Mavic, Phantom, Karma.

I love using my expensive GoPro in Solo-- These Yuneec's have cams built in and priced in.

Typhoon H plus price is just not an option for me. It would be interesting to see all the extra features that come with that extra price that Solo doesn't have.

Nice crisp footage. I would suggest flattening the horizon but last time I did that I was told he liked it that way.

Your transitions are good as well. All the crazy fades, swipes, etc only serve to distract from your content. I'm gratified you are following the one minute rule! Long vids that aren't documenting or teaching get boring very quickly.

As for your background music. So many out there. I have had decent luck with bensound.com They provide both free and for purchase tunes. They only ask you acknowledge them in your description. I use Quick on my phone for slideshows and an occasional vid. They have a limited library but decent enough for playing around. I have uploaded a few Quick vids on my YouTube channel and have been accosted by the copyright crawlers. I guess they didn't get the memo.

I wish i didnt have warped horizons. Of all of the expensive and hard to install Solo upgrades like Green Cube, HERE etc..I think a 4.35mm lens by Peau for $100 would be the good investment. Im nervous enough flying my Solo and if I crash or drown it I can atleast recover this lens for my other GoPros.

I tried researching "Quick" on my desktop computer. Is Quick through the subscription based SoundCloud? I like how soundcloud uses a wave form so you can see the beat, pace and crescendos of a song before even hitting the preview button. It also lets you scrub/skim a song to do a quick preview but I dont like having to pay anything when there are decent alternatives out there for free like BS... you know... BenSound.

Have you typed in "Free Music" on Youtube? I found "No Copyright Music from SoundCloud." Has anyone found any other good channels on Youtube for FREE music?

My Youtube channel has over 100 Solo video with Bensound as background. I agree, decent and free and no worries about lawsuits from all those Michael Avenattis out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo