Slow Yaw Rate

Reaction score
I'm new to the Solo, I just couldn't pass up the $299 BB deal since I like my Pixhawk ships so much. But I'm having trouble flying it in any "fun" mode. Acro is almost impossible because the yaw rate is so slow it's completely un-coordinated with the other much faster controls. I almost crashed because things were happening so much faster on the other axes. I can fly on "Manual", but it's not much fun... quick turns are out of the question.

Is there a way of adjusting this without getting Mission Planner hooked up? How do I even do that? Is there a USB plug somewhere? My Pixhawk ships have telemetry radios... I assume the Solo doesn't have that.

So... the simple version... how do I speed up the yaw rate by a lot! I want the controls to be harmonious.

Really? I started a whole new thread with my first post ever to ask that stupid of a question? :( I swear I couldn't find it. Thanks for your answer and patience.
Have you read the owners manual? Download at 3DR website. Other good stuff in there too!:cool:

Have you read the owners manual? Download at 3DR website. Other good stuff in there too!:cool:

No... I haven't read the manual... I really should. I'm an experienced Pixhawk guy but this is a different animal. The setting is called "Camera Pan" and since buzzing around had nothing to do with the camera I didn't think that was it.

Yeah... the manual... thanks!

No... I haven't read the manual... I really should. I'm an experienced Pixhawk guy but this is a different animal. The setting is called "Camera Pan" and since buzzing around had nothing to do with the camera I didn't think that was it.

Yeah... the manual... thanks!

Remember, the Solo works great with Tower and Mission Planner!
Lots of threads on how to connect and use these apps on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember, the Solo works great with Tower and Mission Planner!
Lots of threads on how to connect and use these apps on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good deal. I intend to use this as a mapping backup bird for my Pixhawk machine. I hope the GoPro sized Micasense Sequoia will fit the gimbal. Normally I wouldn't bother with a gimbal for mapping, but we got lots of wind here.

Thanks for your help, guys!

Depends on which gimbal. If you are talking about the 3-axis, it likely won't due to the data port that sticks out inside of it made specifically for the Gopro 3+ Black/GoPro 4 series.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986