Simple test (first) video

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
I had some videos from my very first flights but they were when I was just messing around learning the basics of how to fly the Solo. I'm still a novice, but here is the first video I shot with at least a little intent No editing other than I had GoPro Studio remove the fisheye (such as it can accomplish) and boosted the contrast a little during conversion and dumbed down from 2.7/30fps to 1080p. I did not do anything with the audio other than to turn down the input so it isn't quite so loud. I did install a tiny little wind screen for the GP microphone to cut down on wind noise while still allowing the capture of the prop and motor noise. On a later video I tried talking while the Solo was near me but the mic couldn't pick it up over the prop noise.

Shot with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black, stock lens, ND8 PolarPro filter with basic 2.7/30fps, 400 ISO, Protune settings. Nothing spectacular, but I need to practice and see what I can make it do given my clumsy fingers. I also need to find a more interesting place to shoot video, but for now, while I'm learning, wide open spaces like this are probably best and provide lots of room for slow reactions and minor mistakes.

Let me know what you think and what I could do better or perhaps even what I did okay.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well you did pick a very nice place, no trees, etc. My only suggestion "if" you want a smoother video, would be to go easy on the sticks. Especially the yaw. Solo has a 3 axis gimbal, but can get jerky when making fast moves.

... I did install a tiny little wind screen for the GP microphone to cut down on wind noise while still allowing the capture of the prop and motor noise.
Any chance you can elaborate on your "tiny little wind screen"? It seems to be fairly effective at reducing the wind noise. Maybe a picture?

Just a small bit of foam taped over the microphone. It was a shard of foam I cut off the foam block used to hold the gimbal in place during storage and transport. The tape was just plain old every day cellophane tape. I will try to post a photo later.

First photo is with the tape peeled back and the tiny bit of foam stuck to the tape. The second photo shows it taped down in place. Crude, but does the trick to cut wind noise while allowing sounds to still reach the mic.20170124_211827.jpg 20170124_211847.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I'll have to try it. While I edit out the audio track for most finished videos, I really dislike the the wind noise when reviewing the raw footage. Your little "mod" was pretty good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc