Signal bars on 3dr solo remote

Reaction score
When flying my 3dr Solo obviously the farther i am flying my drone my signal gets weaker my question is that bad.? And how can that be resolved by using a lager antenna from a larger wifi antenna router? Should i always watch to make sure i have at least 1to 3 bars?

You can use directional antennas on your controller and/or upgrade the WiFi card(s) in your Solo/controller to increase your range.
Frankly if you are flying line of sight, unless you are Superman or flying in a very WiFi congested area, the stock WiFi should be sufficient.
If the signal drops to the point where the link is unreliable, Solo will return to where it was armed. Always a good idea to verify Solo can find its way home by pressing the Home button on the controller when it is a reasonable distance from you.

Reactions: Bailey glass
When flying my 3dr Solo obviously the farther i am flying my drone my signal gets weaker my question is that bad.? And how can that be resolved by using a lager antenna from a larger wifi antenna router? Should i always watch to make sure i have at least 1to 3 bars?
Also, make sure your stock antennas are positioned the way it shows in the manual.

You can use directional antennas on your controller and/or upgrade the WiFi card(s) in your Solo/controller to increase your range.
Frankly if you are flying line of sight, unless you are Superman or flying in a very WiFi congested area, the stock WiFi should be sufficient.
If the signal drops to the point where the link is unreliable, Solo will return to where it was armed. Always a good idea to verify Solo can find its way home by pressing the Home button on the controller when it is a reasonable distance from you.
You mean when i have no bars on my remote control press home button right away. ?
Also, make sure your stock antennas are positioned the way it shows in the manual.

Not really. I was suggesting you test the Return to Home functionality (really for your confidence). Fly away a couple hundred yards and press the "Home" button. Should climb to your preset RTH altitude and come straight back to where you armed the copter and then land. It will do the same thing if it looses lock. You can cancel the RTH at anytime by pressing the "Fly" button. Good confidence builder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000