SD ERR - Pinpointing the problem

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi All,

Hope you're doing well. Anybody that experienced the 'SD ERR' while flying the Solo Drone with a GoPro?

I'm flying the Solo with a gimbal, a GoPro Hero Black 4 with Sandisk Extreme 32GB microSD. Tried 4 different SD cards, but the complication seems to happen when i'm flying Solo.

Got the feeling it's the GoPro that is malfunctioning because of overheating. However i'm not sure.

Did you guys run into this problem? And do you have any solutions?

Cheers,

Yolan Post
Travel Blogger NotGoingHome

www.youtube.com/c/notgoinghome
www.instagram.com/notgoinghome

Reactions: Nick Wollman
I remember some problems posted last year about some GP4BK overheating. They were sent back to GoPro who replaced them without saying what the issue was.

I remember getting this error at some point let me look back and see if I can figure out what the deal was.

What settings are you shooting in, I know the older issue was normally on on 4K settings GoPro would overheat. I think it shut down though not sderror, I could be mistaken though.

If using 4K have you tried 2.7 or 1080, I'd assume you've already tried formatting or checking for updates?

I remember getting this error at some point let me look back and see if I can figure out what the deal was.

What settings are you shooting in, I know the older issue was normally on on 4K settings GoPro would overheat. I think it shut down though not sderror, I could be mistaken though.

If using 4K have you tried 2.7 or 1080, I'd assume you've already tried formatting or checking for updates?
Sorry forgot to mention that. Already tried resetting back to default, upgrading firmware, formatting the SD, shooting in: 1080p 60fps and tried 1080p 30fps.

Thanks for looking into it amigo!

Cheers,

Yolan Post
Travel Blogger NotGoingHome

www.youtube.com/c/notgoinghome
www.instagram.com/notgoinghome

I seem to have errors sometimes when I don't stop recording before turning off Solo.

I have your same problema with the same SD card model.
Have you resolved your issue?
I also get sometimes a very damaged video (full of glitch and very bad quality) but that video can be processed or opened from any video player: so the file mp4 structure seems to be ok.

I have your same problema with the same SD card model.
Have you resolved your issue?
I also get sometimes a very damaged video (full of glitch and very bad quality) but that video can be processed or opened from any video player: so the file mp4 structure seems to be ok.
Yow! Yes, solved the issues by sending back my GoPro and getting a new one.
Looked like the GoPro was overheating, cause in the swimming pool or the ocean i never had those problem.

Make sure you installed the new firmware, have a MicroSD card that is up to GoPro's standard. Andd if the problem persists, try sending it back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo