Running Master Airscrew and Original Blades at the same time?

Reaction score
I bought a set of the Master Airscrew props for my Solo. If one were to break can it be replaced with one of the original Props? Will it cause any issues?

Thanks

I don't think it'd be wise, mostly due to the fact that MAS props have a much more aggressive pitch than the stock blades.
They have a bit more bite than stock so it's not worth the risk of either
A) one side lifts before the other causing trouble in flight
B) one or how many ever motors will over work to keep up with the MAS props
It's just not a good idea

Reactions: ColoMtn
I don't think it'd be wise, mostly due to the fact that MAS props have a much more aggressive pitch than the stock blades.
That’s what I was worried about. Thanks

I've used Master Airscrew prop's on the front 2x, with 1 original 3dr prop rear right and a cheap china prop on the rear left (Had to drill and file to use).
I'm working on a jig to make those prop's quickly from china to use on the solo.
Over half of the videos of my flights are with 3 different props installed on the solo at the same time.
Solo flew just fine. No issues.

Hope that helps.....

Aged Orbs

I agree it is not a good idea. It's more work to stabilize. But it isn't dangerous and it will work fine in a pinch. I wouldn't make a standard thing of it.

^^^^^^^
3DR won't help you if they see your motors going haywire to keep up with the different pitches.
There is nothing in any log that would actually lead to this. You would need a huge difference in thrust for that to actually stand out and cause a problem. MAS props have no such dramatic thrust difference.

If you want a spare set Use Code "MAQZPHOTO" and u will get 15% off.

@ColoMtn
There's a video online that I remember now of a guy testing stock solo props, MAS props, and chroma props

He has a reader that shows how much air is being moved before the solo takes off.

It's a pretty neat video.

That's interesting you say that about MAS having a more aggressive pitch. I thought that they would have a less aggressive pitch since I've heard they are quieter than stock ones. I recently bought 2 sets (one orange set and one green set) and when I tried them I thought they were slightly slower on takeoff. Once Solo has powered up, I typically give left control full forward for maximum thrust. Only my first impression but it seemed like it was slightly slower on take off with MAS props vs stock 3DR props. I did notice MAS were significantly quieter than stock ones which also gave me the idea that they were perhaps slightly less aggressive in pitch to not "bite the air" which I thought would otherwise create more noise.

I bought a set of the Master Airscrew props for my Solo. If one were to break can it be replaced with one of the original Props? Will it cause any issues?

Thanks

I think it would be fine...the motors are constantly changing RPM in reaction to every change in the wind, turbulence, etc..

The flight controller will simply command more or less rpms to a given motor/prop so it produces the proper amount of thrust. The flight controller will just "think" that the different prop is experiencing an up/down draft or whatever, as compared to the other props.

That said, mixing props is probably not would be called a "best practice".

--

Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela