Rugby video (P3)

Reaction score
Little aerial work I did yesterday. Since I can't use the Solo with gimbal had to pull out the white one (P3).

Was quite a challenge as I have never tried to follow a sporting event with a UAV and don't know anything about rugby so did not know what to expect.

After checking goal post height it was all FPV and I never looked up. This often required backing up quickly and spinning around as the action changed quick. Just had to trust the app and could see myself on the Satellite map. I tried to look up a few times and find the Phantom and couldn't !

The P3 being a new rig for me did not help either. But honestly it wasn't bad and my only real challenge was flying in between storms and keeping the lens clear which I did not do a very good job of.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Raybro and Rsfitz
Very nice. I am a huge rugby fan and want to film my kids playing. What altitude were you flying? Did the drone bother the players?

PS did you watch the pan-am games today?

This is the first time I have been near rugby. I was 70-100 feet most the time. Dropped lower once but since I am flying FPV and backing up and spinning quick to follow ball I went back up as the goal post were a hazard.

They focused on the game and did not seem to bother them. I asked the coach tonight and he thought it was acceptable. I am pretty sure the Solo would be too noisy at that elevation. The current Solo GPS acquire time would not have worked either. So looking forward to 3dr getting everything resolved.

And no on Pan-Am. Not a big sports fan actually.

Nice video. The shots straight down on the action were good. Can't wait to do shots on the Solo like this when the gimbal comes out.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Little aerial work I did yesterday. Since I can't use the Solo with gimbal had to pull out the white one (P3).

Was quite a challenge as I have never tried to follow a sporting event with a UAV and don't know anything about rugby so did not know what to expect.

After checking goal post height it was all FPV and I never looked up. This often required backing up quickly and spinning around as the action changed quick. Just had to trust the app and could see myself on the Satellite map. I tried to look up a few times and find the Phantom and couldn't !

The P3 being a new rig for me did not help either. But honestly it wasn't bad and my only real challenge was flying in between storms and keeping the lens clear which I did not do a very good job of.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Would like to hear your response once you get a gimble on your solo which ship is smoother. Pretty video!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc