RTK without MissionPlanner?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DIY (u-blox M8T based) RTK rig I use mainly for setting up GCP's. Now I think about upgrading my (Open)Solo to the Here+ Rover GPS Module.

One question at this point: do I need to run MissionPlanner to inject the base station NTRIP cast or are there setups possible to do otherwise? My base station has an Wifi-enabled embedded PC running RTKLIB and I could (at least in theory ;-) connect to the Solo's Wifi and stream e.g. RTCM messages to the rover.

Any help on this topic is heavily appreciated

Kai

Im sorry i dont have an answer for you on this particular question, however i was hoping you could help me with info on your diy system, ive been looking into RTK gps systems for some time now with no good info, how did you do yours? Ive been looking at the systems for sale but they are super expensive! If i could do it myself it should be a load cheaper and id learn a new skill in the process. Are there any links you could provide to better educate me on the process? Anything helps really, thanks!

My rig is build around two u-blox M8T from here:

UBLOX NEO-M8T TIME & RAW receiver board with SMA (RTK ready) - CSG Shop

A good antenna can be found at digiKey:

33-3710-01-01 Tallysman Wireless Inc. | RF/IF und RFID | DigiKey

I use the RTKLIB as a software:

RTKLIB: An Open Source Program Package for GNSS Positioning

A great source for general information around RTK can be found here:

rtklibexplorer

Another great source is this *.pdf (just skip the TRIMBLE gear related parts)

https://www.gisresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Real-Time-Kinematic.pdf

Be prepare to read and fiddle around for some time, but it's worth the effort... ;-)

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a DIY (u-blox M8T based) RTK rig I use mainly for setting up GCP's. Now I think about upgrading my (Open)Solo to the Here+ Rover GPS Module.

One question at this point: do I need to run MissionPlanner to inject the base station NTRIP cast or are there setups possible to do otherwise? My base station has an Wifi-enabled embedded PC running RTKLIB and I could (at least in theory ;-) connect to the Solo's Wifi and stream e.g. RTCM messages to the rover.

Any help on this topic is heavily appreciated

Kai
There is a solution for this w/o Mission Planner or a Laptop:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Solexbase runs on an RPI.
Here you can find the details on Solexbase:
Solex Base

There is a solution for this w/o Mission Planner or a Laptop

This looks very nice, but I think it's not exactly what I have in mind, since I already have a base station. Apart from that I will check it out, thanks for pointing me to it.

It seems that the whole "GPS Injection" thing means repackaging RTCM messages into MAVLink packages and sending them to the Solo flight vehicle. I am currently looking into MAVProxy for that, which has a "DGPS" module that looks like it does the trick. And since there is a Windows port, MAVProxy can run on my RTK base station.

I would then connect my base station to the Solo's Wifi, stream my RTCM's to a local port where MAVProxy can read them and let it send them via MAVLink to the Solo. No extra hardware involved.

The OpenSolo MAVProxy fork seems to use the MAVLink GPS_INJECT message (which I read somewhere is obsolete) to send the data, while the current MAVProxy uses GPS_RTCM_DATA so I have to rely on the fork.

Any ideas and comments are appreciated, thanks in advance....

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
you can use MAVProxy ( dgps module) or QGC (qGroundcontrol gcs) - no stinking windows needed. .:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela