RP-SMA 2.4GHz 25 DBi Yagi Wireless WiFi Antenna

That dish will have a transmission beam width of about 3 degrees, good luck aiming that.
You will run out of battery long before you fly out of range.

If you are looking for antenna alternatives for Solo, look for 2.4GHz 802.11n MIMO antennas such as this below. It has the two inputs and is linear matching the antennas on the Solo itself.
2.4 GHz 11 dBi Dual Spatial Diversity 802.11n/MIMO Flat Panel Antenna
Im a little bit suspicious of the Itelite antennas for sale now as they dont publish any data sheets for them.
And I dont know why people are jumping on the FPVLR antennas, they may work but people dont realize that they are circularly polarized and the Solo antennas are linear, so 3db (a lot of distance) is lost.
The main benefit of those is that they only transmit in a forward direction, whereas the stock antennas transmit (and receive noise from) all directions, so there is some benefit
To get true long range out of circular transmission such as FPVLR you need circularly polarised antennas on the solo as well.

I bet indonesian is going out over the ocean, most surf spots in Indonesia are reef breaks, often over a 1/4mile off shore.. I have plans myself to go to indo and get some surf footage.
I have been flying out over the surf in Canada using fpvlr antenna, rock solid even as low as 1 m altitude of the ocean 1/4mile out. My stock antennas would rth at same distance.

That dish will have a transmission beam width of about 3 degrees, good luck aiming that.
You will run out of battery long before you fly out of range.

If you are looking for antenna alternatives for Solo, look for 2.4GHz 802.11n MIMO antennas such as this below. It has the two inputs and is linear matching the antennas on the Solo itself.
2.4 GHz 11 dBi Dual Spatial Diversity 802.11n/MIMO Flat Panel Antenna
Im a little bit suspicious of the Itelite antennas for sale now as they dont publish any data sheets for them.
And I dont know why people are jumping on the FPVLR antennas, they may work but people dont realize that they are circularly polarized and the Solo antennas are linear, so 3db (a lot of distance) is lost.
The main benefit of those is that they only transmit in a forward direction, whereas the stock antennas transmit (and receive noise from) all directions, so there is some benefit
To get true long range out of circular transmission such as FPVLR you need circularly polarised antennas on the solo as well.

this flat pannel antennas replace with one of them, both originals?

Yes, it has 2 inputs, and two antennas inside it. Make sure you get the right connectors tho.

Dont know, never tried, just giving an example of what to look for.
I have bought antennas from them before and they sell good products, thats all i can say.

Hai i actually but it at the local electronic store in my city. Electronic city. Its authorized dealer for 3dr in my country too
actually my girlfriend from bandung every 3 months she come to philippines and i told her if she can carry a drone for me but shes little bit scared how to manage in the airport until now i been waiting the availability in my country but no luck coz i wanted to buy solo.

If you look to Ham radio operators, they have fashioned many types of temporary antenna masts that would serve the purpose for expanded coverage. Getting the antenna above obstructions is the key to improve signal quality.

Imagine a 40' mast erected in under a minute...for less than $600.

I guess you could use a tethered Solo (powered by wire from the ground - so flight time unlimited) to fly vertically up and carry your extended controller antenna to a decent altitude so the second Solo could fly out long distances. If that makes sense.

Hi , you can use that antenna with condition (2,4ghz) have amplifier also , I have try using patch antenna and flying above the sea really far ,and you probably can use usual wifi amplifier because use the same wifi communication

actually my girlfriend from bandung every 3 months she come to philippines and i told her if she can carry a drone for me but shes little bit scared how to manage in the airport until now i been waiting the availability in my country but no luck coz i wanted to buy solo.
Hi , you can buy Solo with the backpack and bring it to cabin we did try a few times from Jakarta to USA without any problem .

Last edited:
Hi , you can buy Solo with the backpack and bring it to cabin we did try a few times from Jakarta to Hongkong and USA without any problem .
Do you ever encounter a problem with it? Like battery must store inside a plastic bag, etc?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea