Royal Aberdeen Golf Course

Pie

Reaction score
Aerial view of the area where I grew up - the River Don Estuary and Royal Aberdeen Golf Club - founded in 1780 and is the 6th oldest Golf club in the world, host of the 2011 Walker Cup.

In the 2nd shot, left of frame you can see an old WW2 Pill Box lying in front of the sand dune and further up the beach, a bunch of Paragliders making the most of the reasonable flying conditions.

I didn't want to get to close to them in case they weren't expecting a Quadcopter to be sharing their airspace so stayed out over the water.

In this same shot, if you look left of the single wind turbine, there is another tall, stand alone structure in amongst some dark trees; this is a Drill Derrick that Weatherford have for training purposes.

About 10 miles further up the coast is Donald Trump's new golf course. I'm sure that would make spectacular viewing from the air but I'm not sure how strict security up there might be; something to investigate in the future!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nice. Spent about 5 years in Aberdeen in my younger years and my brother was born there. I need to get back out there. I'd like to take some drone footage of my favorite nearby castle: Dunotter.

Very nice. Spent about 5 years in Aberdeen in my younger years and my brother was born there. I need to get back out there. I'd like to take some drone footage of my favorite nearby castle: Dunotter.

Oooooh.... don't mention that place.

I was going to head down there after my flight at Slains Castle until I learnt about this:

drones-dunottar.png

Nooo! I was seriously looking forward to the trip. It does say "inappropriate flying," so maybe if I work to get CAA clearance and be a good boy, I still can...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela