Review of Solo Extenders V2 (polycarbonate injection moulded)

Reaction score
Website
www.relish3d.com
This just got release today... our first independant 3rd party review of our new Solo Extenders V2 leg extensions. Check it out below.

You can also get it at bit.ly/soloextv2

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Rob Dougherty
Good people to deal with "Relish 3D"
Needed to replace my HDMI cable, thought I would try their HDMI ribbon cable.
They have a live person to get help from, Asked him if there is a coupons available For the HDMI, he said no, but there is a Code for 15% off for the Extenders & he was willing to add them to the same order as the HDMI So no extra shipping cost.

Ordered Monday Morning. USPS says they will be here Thursday.

Nice experience so far.

Last edited:
Good people to deal with "Relish 3D"
Needed to replace my HDMI cable, thought I would try their HDMI ribbon cable.
They have a live person to get help from, Asked him if there is a coupons available For the HDMI, he said no, but there is a Code for 15% off for the Extenders & he was willing to add them to the same order as the HDMI So no extra shipping cost.

Ordered Monday Morning. USPS stays they will be here Thursday.

Nice experience so far.

Steve, glad that it worked well for you.

This just got release today... our first independant 3rd party review of our new Solo Extenders V2 leg extensions. Check it out below.

You can also get it at bit.ly/soloextv2

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Ordered a set right after watching Grandpa's video. This is the 2nd R3D product I've purchased. A little bit pricey but I don't mind paying more for quality & the value that comes w/it. Keep up the good work R3D!!

Just received My Leg Extenders,
Fine Product! Tight fit, Very Strong & sturdy. Don't know how V1 is, but i can say theses V2's a well made & Should work correctly. I Like them.

I also ordered Their HDMI thin Ribbon cable, Worked perfectly!
Havn't tested for Vibration reduction yet, But i don't have to much Vibrations to start with.
Just need a good Quality HDMI Cable.
Good craftsmanship. both male connectors looks very well made.

Shipping was Super Fast. Ordered Sunday, @ my Door Thursday.

I Never promote anything, But felt obligated with these items for Solo.

going to replace mine cable too, I had the very first version of the cable. Sort of hoping this one is better

going to replace mine cable too, I had the very first version of the cable. Sort of hoping this one is better

Hi Pyrate,
This was is my third cable, The second one was free from 3DR, so this is my first time to test a 3rd party Cable, But they look to be very well made, I think so.
#1HDMI went bad? Had a issue, 3Dr recommended replacement "August 14"
#2 Last week, Had the great idea to squeeze HDMI receptacle on the Gimbal to stop video from rolling, Bad idea.

Last edited:
I have Version 1 extenders on my solo right now. They are excellent.
Very nicely printed. They fit in the 3DR backpack well.
Version 2's are in the mail right now! Should be even better.
I also run the flat ribbon HDMI cable. Cant complain.

Ordered a set right after watching Grandpa's video. This is the 2nd R3D product I've purchased. A little bit pricey but I don't mind paying more for quality & the value that comes w/it. Keep up the good work R3D!!

Thanks Solo Keith!!! I am confident that you will love version 2. Just as Jake in the video mentioned, the audible "click" when you extend it out as well as fold it back in is especially satisfying. Looking to get your review of Version 2!!

Fly safe
David

Reactions: Solo Keith
I have Version 1 extenders on my solo right now. They are excellent.
Very nicely printed. They fit in the 3DR backpack well.
Version 2's are in the mail right now! Should be even better.
I also run the flat ribbon HDMI cable. Cant complain.

Thanks iZigZag for your support!!! This V2 is our BEST yet! Hope you love them too.

David

Reactions: Benzo
Hi Pyrate,
This was is my third cable, The second one was free from 3DR, so this is my first time to test a 3rd party Cable, But they look to be very well made, I think so.
#1HDMI went bad? Had a issue, 3Dr recommended replacement "August 14"
#2 Last week, Had the great idea to squeeze HDMI receptacle on the Gimbal to stop video from rolling, Bad idea.

SteveReno... Thanks for the feedback!!! The V2 are our very best! We look forward to doing more injection moulded products in the future.

Reactions: Benzo
I may have to order the V2 as the V1's have collapsed closed on landing and will eventually cause my solo to tilt far enough ....

Do they fold towards the outside or inside....or does it make a difference?
You you can attach the extenders to fold in or out. I attached so they fold in since the legs are designed angled outward. V1 folding end piece (mine) came rather lose and do not lock in place like V2 appear to do. Every time I have flown my drone since installing the extenders at least one has popped at least partially back closed when I land. All it takes is a minimal amount of drift or side movement for an extender to fail to support is leg. I have been lucky that the drone hasn't toppled over yet. A very small rubber band placed over the hinge point may prevent this.

Extender V2's...great out of the box. Exactly eight flights (three open-close cycles) and they are 'unflippable' without detaching at the joint. Every open/close evolution produces a notable amount of nylon dust. Tolerances shot almost immediately. Good concept, wanted to love them. Questionable execution.

I also have one that always detaches unless I use two hands and carefully hold the joint together when folding either direction. The sockets in the upper piece to not keep the pivot pins of the lower piece captured as the cam bars on the sides work over each other. The side bars on mine are producing the dust as they wear when ramping over each other.

There are no material symbols stamped in the molds as you typically see so I am not sure if the material is nylon, it may be. It seems that a high quality polypropylene might have been a better choice.

I don't think these will hold up well over time and are a little expensive for something that needs to be replaced from normal use.

I do like the concept, just wish they were more robust.

@jeeboont David, can you tell us what they are made of? I've never encountered an injection molded item that produced "dust" from joint movement.
The production of this "dust" seems to indicate the part is wearing rapidly which of course would be bad for durability.
Thanks. (My V1 extenders are still working well)

Also, I've noticed I can see the red extenders really well in flight but the green are almost invisible. Helps with Solo visibility.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc