Return to Home question ...

Reaction score
Hi All,

I don't yet have a Solo but am looking to buy one.

My question - If I've lost sight of the Solo while flying it and would like to fly it back to me rather than use the 'Return to Home' feature, does the pilot app give me the two piece of info I need, which are 1) which way the nose of the copter is facing and 2) my location (or 'home' location) relative to the Solo on the map?

Thanks,
Gary

i would say yes...there is a way to know, if you open up the map and see where the directional triangle indicator is pointing.

Please fly within the line of sight whenever you receive your copter so we don't get in trouble and screwed it up for the rest of us. Thank you!

I would assume that the Solo has a feature like the Home Lock on the DJI Phantoms. Gotta love that feature. It's saved me more than once when I lose the aircraft in the sun or fly it far downrange. The beauty of the Home Lock feature is that it doesn't matter which way the aircraft is facing. Flip the switch and pull back on the stick and it flies right back to you.

Hi All,
I'm looking for a factual answer from someone who has the app installed and working.
Thanks,
Gary

Its a good question Gary. I don't have my solo yet but have watched about every 3DR video posted and I have not seen any decent radar type functions that show aircraft position.

The videos only focus on stuff like cable cam where it shows camera position but never normal flying.

Hoping the app is in its infant stages and there is a lot to come.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela