replacement motor pod

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received a replacement pod, get a tracking # or even had their credit card charged? If so how long did it take?

I have been waiting to get a replacement motor "Motor, 880kV, X2216, AW, Silver, SOLO" for about 2 weeks now. Ok to be fair I started the process on 7/7. Was able to contact them by phone to make the payment on the 13th. Order process 1 week and 11 days waiting.

I read somewhere last week they were expecting a shipment of motor pods and they would initially go towards repairs on a first come first serve basis. I have no idea how many they were expecting or how many people were waiting. Maybe you'll be lucky and get one of those.

It'll be nice when the day comes that these parts are on store shelves for immediate purchase when needed.

I was told the same thing by the sales staff 3 weeks ago, the order fulfillment people in Mexico last week and again this week by the sales staff. But have not seen any movement on the actual process after giving payment info. Just wanted to get an idea of the current lag time. I know it will get better, just would be nice to know about when or how far behind they are....

I read somewhere last week they were expecting a shipment of motor pods and they would initially go towards repairs on a first come first serve basis. I have no idea how many they were expecting or how many people were waiting. Maybe you'll be lucky and get one of those.

It'll be nice when the day comes that these parts are on store shelves for immediate purchase when needed.

That is also what I was told directly by 3DR support, though they said they weren't expecting enough parts for all the units needing them... I have a unit in now with two bad motors and other issues... Waiting for word back from 3DR as to a return time...

Guys im wondering if there's bearings replacement for the solo motor or shaft replacement ?

anyones who know's the bearing size top and bottom and the shaft lenght ?

i found this... but im not shure this is the right specs
bearings for 3dr motors are: 2830 : 1/8"X5/16"x3/32" These are the same bearings as the blade 350QX. A complete set of 8 bearing is available from Fast Eddy bearings for $8. 2836 : 4x10x4 MR104-ZZ also available from Fast Eddy for a buck a piece.

Not sure about bearings but I think the problem everyone is having is burned out motors because of flip overs and not shutting off. Don't think they are bearing failures if that is what you are thinking.

i never had crash yet with the solo but im having a wired noise comming out from motor 3
creating vibrations once a while it's spin no noise but most of the time it does it
so i was wondering if it's the bearing or the shaft check that doesn't sound right to me
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure about bearings but I think the problem everyone is having is burned out motors because of flip overs and not shutting off. Don't think they are bearing failures if that is what you are thinking.
In the motor pods that I have seen, it is the ESC that is failing. The ESC has 6 FETs. There is also a power regulator on board that could be damaged. Also on the pod is an 8 bit coprocessor + the 3 multi-color LEDs and the circuits to drive them. In some cases an LED could get damaged too.
podburnout1-jpg.389

The red box indicates the area of a fire (yes, flames) on this pod. To repair, I would replace all 6 FETs (the other 3 are on the revers side) + the regulator (left) and at least 1 of the LEDs.

And yes, I am doing component level repairs on the pods. Some are repairable - the one in this pic - not so much.

@Solo4Me, you are right. Meant to say motor pods and not just motor. Basically electronic failure and not mechanical.

3DR needs to resolve this. I have had Phantoms go down in weeds and sit stalled for 20 minutes with power. They were warm but worked fine after that. Does not take long to toast a Solo motor pod.

Thanks for the picture and info !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo