Repair of gimbal and two prop assemblies

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in Orange County, CA and I crashed my 3D damaging two of the prop shafts which will not hold my propellers.

My gimble appears to have been roughed up in the crash.

Does anyone know of a repair person who could help?

Bob Chesney 949/378-5134 [email protected]

Why yes I do...
RichWest is the resident expert on gimbals.
Just_Bruce is also an expert in the forum.
good luck.
LOL...snitch... I prefer the title of Asst. Trainer...or just Ass.

Bob, I'm unaware of anyone offering repairs for gimbals, just too involved and tedious. There are several threads here discussing gimbal repair as guidance, search is your friend. My advice, buy a new gimbal and be happy...sounds like you had quite a crash...i.e. bent prop shafts.

Reactions: Dash Hewes
LOL...snitch... I prefer the title of Asst. Trainer...or just Ass.

Bob, I'm unaware of anyone offering repairs for gimbals, just too involved and tedious. There are several threads here discussing gimbal repair as guidance, search is your friend. My advice, buy a new gimbal and be happy...sounds like you had quite a crash...i.e. bent prop shafts.
Thank you Rich. I won't know how serious the gimbal problem is until I get the props working.

I won't know how serious the gimbal problem is until
If you want to post-up some photos of the gimbal, I can make a good guess if damaged/repairable or not. Likely bent arms. Best gimbal photo views are front-on and side profile , either hanging from the bird or not.

@hardhat068 did an ACRO crash a few years back, worst gimbal damage I'd ever seen...surprisingly the top board was the only surviving part...which he sold to someone else....

If you want to post-up some photos of the gimbal, I can make a good guess if damaged/repairable or not. Likely bent arms. Best gimbal photo views are front-on and side profile , either hanging from the bird or not.

@hardhat068 did an ACRO crash a few years back, worst gimbal damage I'd ever seen...surprisingly the top board was the only surviving part...which he sold to someone else....
Just be glad I dinna post the care-nage of the gimbal that was on a baird I foolishleh decided ta fly *ensyde* a clearspan tent.....

Just be glad I dinna post the care-nage of the gimbal that was on a baird I foolishleh decided ta fly *ensyde* a clearspan tent.....
I quoted your post...just in case you deny having written it...

Yeah, a four man tent isn't a good flight space....;)

I quoted your post...just in case you deny having written it...

Yeah, a four man tent isn't a good flight space....;)
I would never deny the beauty I created there!

And the tent was a *little* bigger at 310'L x 90'W x 45'H @ Center.

But STILL wasn't a good idea.....

Hi, I'm in Orange County, CA and I crashed my 3D damaging two of the prop shafts which will not hold my propellers.

My gimble appears to have been roughed up in the crash.

Does anyone know of a repair person who could help?

Bob Chesney 949/378-5134 [email protected]

Prop shafts are part of the motor assembly/ESC. You could get new ESCs with motors or replace the motors. There are threads here on using non-3DR motors on the ESCs. If you or a friend can solder it should be easy to swap out the bad motors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea