Rectilinear lens

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a UK based company that can fit or supply a rectilinear lens for the GoPro 4 similar to what Peau Productions offer.

Can the camera still be used in its original housings after the mod?

There is this UK based company GiraffeQuads offering that service, but i've no idea what the quality is like of the lens they are offering. There is also no mention of any corrections made to the in camera lens profile (something which PeauPro do) so I can only assume its a simple lens swap.
Would be interested to hear from anyone else on the forum who has had this service or lens from giraffe quads?

Unless you want maroon/pink tinting in the corners of your video, removing the stock lens profile in the gopro is a must. I believe Peau is the only one who can do that.

As far as fitting in the housing, that really depends on the specific lens. Some will fit fine, others protrude too much.

I'm waiting for my PeauPro 82 to arrive. So far I can't recommend them enough, James has been extremely helpful and generous in answering all my questions. Also will be here in 3-4days international shipping. Your paying in pounds so will be like buying candy for you with that exchange rate, well worth every pennie & pound!

Reactions: Joe90

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea