Recovering GoPro video Files

Reaction score
OK, it has probably been covered somewhere, but how do I recover a corrupt Gopro MP4 file?

I think my SD card ran out of space and the video file didn't close properly, It won't play in Windows media viewer. How do I recover the file?

Thanks
Rusty

Try replacing the micro SD card in the GoPro, and turn it on. If you see a ban-aid icon it is repairing the file. Happens to me whenever I land Solo before I stop recording. Now I manually turn the camera on/off after each flight.

Try replacing the micro SD card in the GoPro, and turn it on. If you see a ban-aid icon it is repairing the file. Happens to me whenever I land Solo before I stop recording. Now I manually turn the camera on/off after each flight.
I moved all the files to my laptop already,and even GoPro studio wont open.

Try to move all of files back to the GoPro into the same folder on the SD card they came from, then try the fix. It will probably be a subfolder under DCIM, something like 100GOPRO. If you had an iPhone or iPad running the 3DR app then you should be able to find a lower resolution video of the FPV with extension M4V in the Photos app on the phone. Not perfect, but at least something. If that doesn't help, then contact [email protected] and ask for help. They are knowledgeable and helped me.

Reactions: David8477
OK, it has probably been covered somewhere, but how do I recover a corrupt Gopro MP4 file?

I think my SD card ran out of space and the video file didn't close properly, It won't play in Windows media viewer. How do I recover the file?

Thanks
Rusty
Exactly what @Robert Rose said. It happens when GoPro didn't get a chance to finish writing the video file. Put it back in the gopro and turn it on. Right away it should say repairing file just wait... it usually takes about 10sec or so. Happens to me all the time when i forget to hit stop recording on the Gopro and just shut off Solo.

I wish it would TURN ON the Gopro when I turn on Solo as well that would be super handy!!

OK, Nothing actually worked until I found this little jewel from SourceForge. This software actually fixed my corrupted mp4 video. It asks for the location of the corrupted file then asks for the location of a known good mp4. In a few minutes, it's done. I'm happy and it was FREE. Mp4 Video Repair Tool

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc