Recording taking photos on my live feed

Reaction score
Please help I bought the 3dr solo a few weeks ago and I can not get it to record or take any photos while flying. I have a GoPro hero 4 silver but my record button does not turn red it is always gray and will not record what can I do?

Thanks

Not sure how to get the recording going in the software, but the manual start/stop method is by pressing in on the gimbal control paddle on the controller (left side paddle at the top). Push the paddle in, not up or down, and it starts recording or takes a photo. Push in again and it will stop recording, or take another photo. Hopefully that helps until you get the software figured out. Try deleting and reinstalling the app, and checking connections on the gimbal.

Not sure how to get the recording going in the software, but the manual start/stop method is by pressing in on the gimbal control paddle on the controller (left side paddle at the top). Push the paddle in, not up or down, and it starts recording or takes a photo. Push in again and it will stop recording, or take another photo. Hopefully that helps until you get the software figured out. Try deleting and reinstalling the app, and checking connections on the gimbal.
I checked all the connections and I tried deleting and reinstalling and I have pressed the paddle in and it did nothing

Can we assume the live video is working?
Try resetting the GoPro by pulling its battery while out of the gimbal and reinstall. Also make sure you turn the camera on before powering up Solo.

I have taken the battery out of the go pro and I do power it up before I put it in the gimble the live feed works I can see what the camera is pointing at but I can't do anything with the camera even in the setting other than turn on to save to camera roll I just don't understand when I watch all the videos they start the app and the red button is ready but mine stays gray

Another question I have is there sound with the video if I ever get it to work

I have taken the battery out of the go pro and I do power it up before I put it in the gimble the live feed works I can see what the camera is pointing at but I can't do anything with the camera even in the setting other than turn on to save to camera roll I just don't understand when I watch all the videos they start the app and the red button is ready but mine stays gray

Do you really power on the GoPro before putting it in the gimbal?

I've never done that before.

You should place the GoPro in the Gimbal, power on the GoPro, then power on the Solo.

The controller can be powered on before these steps or after the Solo is powered up.

Your tablet/phone should not be connected to the SoloLink network until after the Solo connects with the controller, then open your app.

You may have already done this, but check on the app and select your camera type.

How would I get another gimble but I shouldn't have to pay for one

You should place the GoPro in the Gimbal, power on the GoPro, then power on the Solo.

The controller can be powered on before these steps or after the Solo is powered up.

Your tablet/phone should not be connected to the SoloLink network until after the Solo connects with the controller, then open your app.
ill try it

Yes that is one of the three things I can do in the software with camera settings everything else is grayed out

Support can be obtained by email: [email protected]

Support can take a while, so provide as much detail and information as possible so that they don't have to come back and ask more questions. In this case maybe a copy of your sales receipt, an explanation of your startup procedure, and screenshots showing proper configuration and the fact that camera controls are not active.

I'm not saying you don't have a defective gimbal, but most often these problems are related to startup order, GoPro (requiring restart or battery removal), cabling problem, or software configuration.

My words may have been misleading.
With the GoPro in the gimbal, I power the camera before turning on Solo. I find this works best for me to get proper live view and camera control.

I noticed that there is a green light flashing on the gimble behind the GoPro so I think my gimble is ok I also can't update the GoPro so I have to try a manual update on it tonight also

you have a bad gimbal, bro. Out of the 5 I have bought, 2 were bad. I know it sux, but that\s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Also, be VERY careful plugging in the original HDMI cable to the gimbal as the port is fragile. Good luck to ya.

you have a bad gimbal, bro. Out of the 5 I have bought, 2 were bad. I know it sux, but that\s the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Also, be VERY careful plugging in the original HDMI cable to the gimbal as the port is fragile. Good luck to ya.
You mean they won't replace it

You mean they won't replace it
How am I supposed to know? Ya never said where you purchased your unit. Here's an interesting idea, just off the top of my head......you could make contact with the seller and perhaps ask them?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421