Ready to fly

I'm jealous. I'm working on a deal for 2 of them. But your so close. Another maybe 12hrs and you'll be flying like a champ.

Nice setup by the way !!! Master Airscrew props?
Thanks! Yes, they are Master Airscrew props! [emoji4]

I'm afraid to fly the thing because I'm afraid I will lose it. Lol what if there is something that will interfere with my signal? Would the drone fly off on its own? That's what I'm most afraid of. Hahaha

Thanks! Yes, they are Master Airscrew props! [emoji4]

I'm afraid to fly the thing because I'm afraid I will lose it. Lol what if there is something that will interfere with my signal? Would the drone fly off on its own? That's what I'm most afraid of. Hahaha
Good question. Soon as I get mine I'm going to do a long flight. Until the controller loses signal and comes back by itself. I love it!!!

But do it in the day time.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
Good question. Soon as I get mine I'm going to do a long flight. Until the controller loses signal and comes back by itself. I love it!!!

But do it in the day time.

What? Are you serious about going out until you lose signal? That's a risk I am not willing to take on mine! LOL Although I know it has return-home safety built-in.

Is it possible to fly at night time though? With all those LEDs flashing, I think it would be awesome!!!

What? Are you serious about going out until you lose signal? That's a risk I am not willing to take on mine! LOL Although I know it has return-home safety built-in.

Is it possible to fly at night time though? With all those LEDs flashing, I think it would be awesome!!!
Absolutely it would be cool. I would imagine that if you go too far away it would get disorienting and the noise factor if you live around other people. But in my early days I've been known to crank my times past 11pm, way past 11pm. Lol.

Just do it. Take her up.

Please don't fly after dark. And please don't fly out of visual range (which this drone is capable of doing). Both are dangerous and are part of what is drawing the ire of the FAA...

Reactions: AlienPanda and DJMc
'm afraid to fly the thing because I'm afraid I will lose it. Lol what if there is something that will interfere with my signal? Would the drone fly off on its own? That's what I'm most afraid of. Hahaha
You guys need to really read up, https://3dr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/v9_02_25_16.pdf
As long as you have GPS lock and arm the SOLO in an area where it can return home unimpeded you will not lose it if you lose radio signal, it has failsafes and will return to home (RTH) make sure you have the RTH altitude set in the solo app so it clears all objects in its path.. If you lose GPS that's another story so make sure you have one of the controller buttons set to manual so you can take control of it NOTE: you will be at the mercy of the prevailing winds...If the Solo happens to lose both GPS and Radio signal it will land right where its at, so if you are over water or trees well you get the point...

Reactions: AlienPanda
What? Are you serious about going out until you lose signal?
This happens to me whether I want it to or not, if your over trees/objects and such or in an area where there is high WiFi congestion it happens, Solo has so far never failed to RTH it just works as intended.
As soon as it is back within signal range it connects and I have complete control again. Although I do not recommend flying beyond radio signal or LOS for that matter.

NOTE:there is some pucker factor involved when loss of signal/GPS happens..

This happens to me whether I want it to or not, if your over trees/objects and such or in an area where there is high WiFi congestion it happens, Solo has so far never failed to RTH it just works as intended.
As soon as it is back within signal range it connects and I have complete control again. Although I do not recommend flying beyond radio signal or LOS for that matter.

NOTE:there is some pucker factor involved when loss of signal/GPS happens..

I feel a lot better after reading your replies. ^_^ Thanks for the info!

Reactions: XevetS
I feel a lot better after reading your replies. ^_^ Thanks for the info!
Try the SOLO out while flying around in manual mode to get a hang of the flight characteristics Remember it will hold altitude but will drift around in the wind you will need to counteract using the sticks. Always keep it within your line of sight (LOS). Then enable GPS (Fly Mode) and take it out a way (not to far but at least a couple hundred feet) to test the RTH (Make sure you have the RTH altitude slider set high enough in the SOLO app to clear all obstacles). Just to make sure it functions correctly. Have fun and stay safe..

Last edited:
Try the SOLO out while flying around in manual mode to get a hang of the flight characteristics Remember it will hold altitude but will drift around in the wind you will need to counteract using the sticks. Always keep it within your line of sight (LOS). Then enable GPS (Fly Mode) and take it out a way (not to far but at least a couple hundred feet) to test the RTH (Make sure you have the RTH altitude slider set high enough in the SOLO app to clear all obstacles). Just to make sure it functions correctly. Have fun and stay safe..

Ok, will do! I can't wait to go fly! Unfortunately, after today, which I have to work, the next 3-5 days in Chicago will be ugly weathers. Guess will have to wait until 2nd week of April. lol

GO FOR IT ,I FLY EVERY NITE AROUND 9PM and go thru 5 batteries before i call it a nite .with the extra lites it looks like a side show lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo