R10C camera

Would sure be great if the gimbal was available too. Event38 was not aware that it even existed when I talked to them.

Reactions: DJMc
I'll figure that out later. 20.4MP is very attractive, as is the ability to add a zoom lens.

Well taken from the 3DR website when talking about the Sony R10C:
Sony R10C
The new Sony UMC-R10C camera is supported by a custom-made gimbal that orients the camera in any direction and stabilizes it during flight.

I had searched before for this camera but could only find specs, not anyone selling them, so I assume it wasn't available to everyday consumers. I assumed that's why no one was mentioning it as a gopro and 3dr gimbal replacement... like... ever...

Still $800+ is a lot to pony up without a gimbal and even if we could get a gimbal, we'd still have to wait ages for Mr Schrock to implement it into solex...... like... 4 weeks or something.. ?:OP

If I buy this camera I guess I'll have to seriously consider getting my hands even deeper into gimbal than they already are. It would be super awesome hyper wicked to be able to zoom while flying a cable cam.....

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Yeah, I mean, you could essentially do a flying zooming dolly shot...... how awesome would that be? Fly towards a tower while zooming out to make the background seem to drop away... I think there's a heck of a lot of potential there for awesome shots.

It does have amazing potential. I'm pretty sure I could (eventually) work out the hardware side but might need a little help on software integration if ever I get there

Damn... I can help you with neither... I refer you to my programming, engineering and mechanical skills...

w_17.png

Well taken from the 3DR website when talking about the Sony R10C:
Sony R10C
The new Sony UMC-R10C camera is supported by a custom-made gimbal that orients the camera in any direction and stabilizes it during flight.

I had searched before for this camera but could only find specs, not anyone selling them, so I assume it wasn't available to everyday consumers. I assumed that's why no one was mentioning it as a gopro and 3dr gimbal replacement... like... ever...

Still $800+ is a lot to pony up without a gimbal and even if we could get a gimbal, we'd still have to wait ages for Mr Schrock to implement it into solex...... like... 4 weeks or something.. ?:OP
Sony quit making it do to lack of demand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea