Question

Reaction score
I know some users have upgraded there iOS to 10.3 (I, luckily read in advance that this screws up the solo app, but I digress)
In doing so they have lost the functionality of the solo app.
My question is;

If anyone has just purchased a solo or wants to perform a factory reset how do they "update" with the pre-flight update if they only have iOS?

I have iOS and android (could never get the dam android solo app to work amyway) because I never upgraded to iOS 10.3 I suppose I could always do it that way. But what if due to the incompatibility of the iOS solo app, 3DR turn off the software updating facility?

Hmmmmmm...

I had only experience app crash when I pressed FLY.
Everything else worked fine untill did that. But anyway the app
Got buggy after that, I kept my IPad Air 2 out the update.

I know some users have upgraded there iOS to 10.3 (I, luckily read in advance that this screws up the solo app, but I digress)
In doing so they have lost the functionality of the solo app.
My question is;

If anyone has just purchased a solo or wants to perform a factory reset how do they "update" with the pre-flight update if they only have iOS?

I have iOS and android (could never get the dam android solo app to work amyway) because I never upgraded to iOS 10.3 I suppose I could always do it that way. But what if due to the incompatibility of the iOS solo app, 3DR turn off the software updating facility?

Hmmmmmm...
If they are running 10.3, I guess they are screwed. Is that what you meant?

Still not updating

So I guess nobody knows how anyone will have the ability to perform a factory reset or a preflight update on a new in used solo?

That is a bit scary. !

Yes Ed, I know that thank you.

I was asking if anyone knew how to do a pre-flight update on a new solo or one that has been "factory reset" if they have updated to iOS 10.3 or above.

I haven't updated to 10.3 or above I was trying to find a resolution for people who had.

If you see my new post in the help section, it is possible to roll back your iOS to 10.2.1 if your quick.

So anyone else have any ideas?

Just wondering as 3DR are going to have some very unhappy customers if this isn't resolved in the near future.

I have a dedicated iOS device that I will not update while it is impossible to complete this task on iOS 10.3 or above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo