Props? Need quick input...

Reaction score
I've gotta order a new set of props tonight... Condsidering the APC props or the MAS...
(Do the MAS nuts need to be glued? )

Opinions from anyone familiar with both types?

Cheers!

I have 4 sets of MAS props for Solo. They are better than the stock Solo props, and the price is right at $18 for a set. MAS prop nuts do need to be glued if you don't want to fumble around with props/nuts every time you fly.

Reactions: Travelfox
MA props are great. I find that they're also a lot sturdier (maybe less brittle then the Solo props, which seem to break easily when things "get in the way"). I have several in my bag but have never replaced the ones I'm using. Yes a dot of glue keeps them in place.

Also there are reports of them being quieter and better balanced.

Reactions: skyhax
I like the MAS props and have used for awhile now but I don't get the whole "glue" thing tbh? I never use glue and never have had a problem. Has anyone had a prop nut come off or something?

I think it's purely for the convinience of not having to fiddle with then each time...I don't think I can recall anyone posting about losing then in flight. Like you haven't glued them myself and have had no snags at all.

I think it's purely for the convinience of not having to fiddle with then each time...I don't think I can recall anyone posting about losing then in flight. Like you haven't glued them myself and have had no snags at all.

Yeah my theory is once the nut is seated in the prop it basically works like a self tightening prop. IDK, thanks for the answer, I had read several places ppl were putting glue on them and it had me concerned thinking I may be missing something.

Glueing the nut to the prop:
1) Makes install and removal easier since you can simply spin the assembly on
2) Could minimize vibration further since the assembly can be balanced together and there is no chance of variability
3) Locks the nut in place so it doesn't get dropped/lost
4) Ensures that props are placed on proper motor each time, preventing flips (assuming the proper nut was glued to proper prop to begin with)

Reactions: RichWest
I use APC and for me gluing the nuts was about balancing the props and convenience. Not as "pretty" as MAS, but APC is the benchmark prop in the RC biz.

fwiw, APC through Tower Hobbies is around $15 a set, cheaper if more are purchased...

Reactions: jimloss
I use APC and for me gluing the nuts was about balancing the props and convenience. Not as "pretty" as MAS, but APC is the benchmark prop in the RC biz.

fwiw, APC through Tower Hobbies is around $15 a set, cheaper if more are purchased...
I'll have to give the APC a try. I had a little incident while using my one set of MA and broke one of them, so time to order a set.

I remember someone mentioning that they dyed their APC props black. Any idea how that's done?

Roland mentioned it in his motor upgrade thread, I assume Rit dye was used. For me the stock gray is neutral to the sky color, so I see less (perceived) influence in my video...but then prop shadow, is prop shadow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela