Propellers

Reaction score
Hi,
Today I was flying my Solo drone using the Tower app and after 15 min (flying) three propellers were detached from the drone and It fall from 30 m altitud. Is It normal?
I found the propellers and they are in perfect condition.
Somebody can help me to understand what was the problem? I checked them previous to flight and were in good conditions and well tied.

Thanks

Certainly not a common event. Were these 3DR original ones?

Yes, all the components were original. The GoPro and the gimbal were destroyed. I saw three black points fly very fast from the drone. First, I thought were birds that hit my drone but then ser the

So you found three propellers unscrewed (not broken) on the ground, separate from the copter?

Yes, It was no normal for me. I found the propellers far away from the drone. They only unscrew.

Have you performed any maintenance or touched any internals recently?

I made normal maintenance, cleaning the drone, look the state of the propellers and batteries,...

The difference this day was that I tried to fly my Solo with the UGCS software. It identified my drone, I created a flight and when put to upload the mission a failure was detected saying something like "all parameters are wrong". I could arm the drone but I could not upload the mission. I thinked ok I will flight with the Tower app. The drone flew 15 min and then the propellers got out...

Only thing I can think of is that the props STOPPED and momentum carried them forward and unspun them.

Only thing I can think of is that the props STOPPED and momentum carried them forward and unspun them.

Aha, that makes me wonder: If the user causes an "Emergency Motor Shutoff" (section 4.9.5 in the Solo manual) by holding down the A, B, and Pause buttons simultaneously for a few seconds, is the power simply cut, letting the motors spin freely, or are the motors suddenly stopped cold, which *could* make the props spin off? If the latter is the case, then that is what might have happened to the OP without intending it or even being aware of it.

Many thanks for the answers but I never shutoff the motors. My first idea was a deffect in the battery that could cut the power supply.

The battery shutting off would put the motors into freewheel. Which SHOULD keep the props attached.

I'm basically speculating. The only ways I can think of for the standard Solo and MA props to come off are to:

1. unscrew

2. center hub failure on the prop releasing the nut.

This doesn't sound like #2 since the OP didn't note having nuts still attached to the motor shafts. Which is why I say the motors had to have STOPPED.

Unless the OP simply cross-threaded the props on in the first place. Or used props with severely damaged nuts that simply stripped out.

But again, all speculation

Ya, I can think of no reasonable explanation for this if the correct propellers were properly screwed on. It's virtually impossible.

What if the motors were somehow reversed? He said something about a parameter wrong warning, wouldn't reversed motor spin cause props to unthread?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc