Prop Removal

Reaction score
Yesterday, while landing manually and about a foot off the ground, my Solo flew rapidly to the left and flipped over. It broke one prop and scratched the other, so I am replacing the full set, but two of them are impossible to spin off. I am spinning in the direction of the arrows to unlock (one black and one silver) and have had two Phantoms for a couple of years so I know what to do with props. Any suggestions for how to remove them without breaking the quad?

I had the same issue when I had my crash. Basically the props are over tightened and you need some sort wrench to hold the motor still while you twist the prop. I used some locking needle nose pliers, like vise grips set to an opening large than the prop diameter and went on from the top to engage the slots in the top of the motor. I did not clamp onto anything. Just used the pliers like a spanner wrench.

Or use a small strap wrench on the outside of the motor, if you have one.

I have a problem with my cat. He likes chewing on props. He has ruined a pair of my P2 props and my Syma props as well. I have to take them off when I take the quad in the house. I didn't do that today.
image.jpg

I heard that a third party is developing a drop cat attachment for the expansion bay. But you probably want to wait till after you get gimbal so you can get smooth video.

I have a problem with my cat. He likes chewing on props. He has ruined a pair of my P2 props and my Syma props as well. I have to take them off when I take the quad in the house. I didn't do that today.
View attachment 306
Been There Done That Got the Tee Shirt to prove it.
my cat did the same thing to 3 props that were attached to my phantom vision.
i just went out and flew woth the teeth marks on the props.
flew fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela