Problems with gimbal.

Reaction score
Hi,
I am quite new here, so please, don't judge me. Ok, my problems with a drone. Everything work perfect, exept:
1: I installed gimbal, when I tried to shake drone in hand it was working fine. But when I made first flight, gimbal stopped working. Camera falls on one side and doesn't want to move. On my controler is note, that gimbal is not installed. The wires are correctly pluged in. On gimbal, red light is pulsing and when I turn on the drone, gimbal makes a tiny move, like synhronizing, but then, when I touch it, it's dead. Any ideas?
2: So I put on basic gimbal (that one who come with drone in the box), but camera is shaking, so video is not good. Can I do something in that way?
Thanks, and sorry for my english. Not my primary language...
;)

On gimbal, red light is pulsing and when I turn on the drone, gimbal makes a tiny move, like synhronizing, but then, when I touch it, it's dead. Any ideas?
Properly working, gimbal should be pulsing Green. I'd double check that the gimbal power/data cable is fully connected. Many here plug in the data cable after the gimbal is installed, basically remove the battery tray for a top down access. If it still doesn't work, then you may have a bad gimbal.

Page from Gimbal Installation | 3D Robotics - Drone & UAV Technology :
Fly
When you’re ready to fly, power on Solo and the Controller as you normally would. When the gimbal is ready to fly, it flashes green.

Last but not least, make sure your GoPro is turned on! You can turn it on while mounted in the gimbal by gently pressing its power button: the same way you normally turn it on.
gimbal_flash.png

Caution: Keep Solo level while powering on. Don’t touch the gimbal while it initializes. This can cause the gimbal to calibrate incorrectly and trigger an error.

Properly working, gimbal should be pulsing Green. I'd double check that the gimbal power/data cable is fully connected. Many here plug in the data cable after the gimbal is installed, basically remove the battery tray for a top down access. If it still doesn't work, then you may have a bad gimbal.
Thanks for your response. I tried to install gimbal and than plug in the data cable. First, I turned on camera, put it in the tray, than turned on the drone. Light on gimbal was first orange, then green and after 2 seconds it turned red. So I guess it is bad gimbal then...

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo