Problems before updating to OpenSolo 4 with Sidepilot

Reaction score
Please help!!!!!! I am trying to update my 3DR solo to OpenSolo 4. I paid for the sidepilot app and clicked the top right connect button. I think it connected (It stayed blue]), but the 4 signal bars dont change color, they stay white. When I go to update firmware, it gives me an "Oops your controller isnt connected" or something to that affect. Is it okay to update my drone anyway, or does anyone have a solution to this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3109.PNG
    IMG_3109.PNG
    384.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    600.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3107.jpg
    IMG_3107.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 17
After having issues I did factory reset it (Which can be seen in the picture above. Since the 4.0 version of opensolo said that it was able to install on a factory reset Solo; I reset it, but im still having controller connection issues with SidePilot app. Maybe there is an option in the sidepilot app that Im suppose to check, but I could not find it. Since their is very minuscule information on the software update, it is very hard to get information. I could only find one video of a tutorial, and most of the Installation tutorial on the opensolo website is meant for Solex not SidePilot. I also do not have any androids available for Solex.

Make sure all VPN apps are disabled before connecting to the 3DR controller/solo. VPN apps interfere with the Solo network.

Reactions: Wetstone
The minuscule advice on updating is because thats all you need.
BUT
Follow each step carefully and in order.
It sounds like you are NOT actually connecting. You need to get that connection happening first, not just tap a button and hope for the best.
So this is where your debugging must start.
Did you connect to the Solo WiFi in system pref’s?
Has the Solo and Controller connected? (typically a waiting for GPS is displayed on the controller)
This needs to happen first.

The minuscule advice on updating is because thats all you need.
BUT
Follow each step carefully and in order.
It sounds like you are NOT actually connecting. You need to get that connection happening first, not just tap a button and hope for the best.
So this is where your debugging must start.
Did you connect to the Solo WiFi in system pref’s?
Has the Solo and Controller connected? (typically a waiting for GPS is displayed on the controller)
This needs to happen first.
I have done everything you could ever think of. It wasn't working originally so I factory reset it to see if that would solve it. It didn't. I have now reset it about 4 times with no result. Since I factory reset, my controller doesn't show it's connected it just says something about update using 3dr app which I can't since they didn't renew license. It seems to connect to the controller since I go through the pairing process each time. In my photos attached you can see that the drone is connected to the app, but the signal bars stay at 0. Also there are no "steps" for the sidepilot version, I have to follow a shitty youtube tutorial and solex instructions which aren't very clear in the first place lol. Do you know of any settings in the sidepilot app that I have to enable or disable for it to connect properly? I have also tried it on a different device, so it's either a drone problem or I am missing a step or something. I appreciate the help, thanks.

Reactions: Grande Plume
Make sure all VPN apps are disabled before connecting to the 3DR controller/solo. VPN apps interfere with the Solo network.
I don't have a VPN and I have never used one on my iPhone. Does the type of phone make a difference? I have tried it on an iPhone 11 and iPhone 8, but no success. At this point im feeling like this is a waste of time and im tempted to just get rid of this thing since I can't even fly it anymore. :(

Please help!!!!!! I am trying to update my 3DR solo to OpenSolo 4. I paid for the sidepilot app and clicked the top right connect button. I think it connected (It stayed blue]), but the 4 signal bars dont change color, they stay white. When I go to update firmware, it gives me an "Oops your controller isnt connected" or something to that affect. Is it okay to update my drone anyway, or does anyone have a solution to this problem.
For some reason it is connecting to my gopro on the drone all of a sudden. Still not receiving any signal bars, but obviously the app communicating with the drone. I have contacted sidepilot (but from what I can see the dev has given up on it) and 3dr but no responses. I have also deleted and re downloaded the app countless times. How come my drone and controller are connected to the app, but im getting no signal???

Attachments

• IMG_3113.PNG
    IMG_3113.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
That is the sign I am seeing from your description, no signal strength.
I use Sidepilot, which is a little buggy but works great for firmware updates.
The Dev hasn’t abandoned it, in fact he has taken up developing again as far as I know after a break due to having to move, and its a part time thing for him.
To get it all happening you need to connect and wait for all the parameters to download then you can continue with the next step.
I have been down the ‘try many times’ track you are on until I slowed down and made sure each step was working.

So, why do you have no signal bars?
This is where I would be concentrating my efforts at present.
I am assuming that you get no parameters downloaded if there is no signal bars, but getting the video is curious.
I am using an older iPhone6+ and iPad Air2 with good success.

That is the sign I am seeing from your description, no signal strength.
I use Sidepilot, which is a little buggy but works great for firmware updates.
The Dev hasn’t abandoned it, in fact he has taken up developing again as far as I know after a break due to having to move, and its a part time thing for him.
To get it all happening you need to connect and wait for all the parameters to download then you can continue with the next step.
I have been down the ‘try many times’ track you are on until I slowed down and made sure each step was working.

So, why do you have no signal bars?
This is where I would be concentrating my efforts at present.
I am assuming that you get no parameters downloaded if there is no signal bars, but getting the video is curious.
I am using an older iPhone6+ and iPad Air2 with good success.
When you say no parameters downloaded what do you mean? I see the parameters option in the menu and I have pressed Load Parameters but nothing changes that I can see.

That is the point.
When you connect SidePilot should automatically download the parameters.
If your not able to download the parameters then you do NOT have a connection happening.
This is where your trouble is.
There is something blocking your WiFi connection to the Solo.

Reactions: Flyivan
W
That is the point.
When you connect SidePilot should automatically download the parameters.
If your not able to download the parameters then you do NOT have a connection happening.
This is where your trouble is.
There is something blocking your WiFi connection to the Solo.
well I’m not sure if it’s downloading them or not, but I see the parameters tab and I have clicked load parameters.

When you connect the parameters are automatically downloaded.
In your parameters tab, after connecting, you should be able to see the parameters.
Yeah I see loads of them, still having the same issue and it’s really bumming me out that I can’t figure out the solution. I appreciate all the ideas and help you have been suggesting!

Simple question: are you clicking the radio button on the far right upper corner until it turns blue? For some reason this is how Sidepilot connects.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo